Opening Up and a New Song

Y/N's POV

I watch as my daughter excitedly reaches in to the bag that Mila handed to her moments ago. Her smile widens as she pulls a cylinder shaped object from the bag. I quickly realize that it's a personalized microphone. It was plastered with beautiful purple and silver gems with her name spelled out in black jewels.

"I love it! Thank you so much!"

"Aww, I'm so glad you like it!" Mila says, engulfing her in a Koala hug. Daneliya giggles and wraps her arms around Mila as well. A few seconds later, they separate and we enter our room.

"Okay, I'm officially jealous." I say playfully.

"Why mummy?"

"I want a mic like that!" I say, causing Hailee to laugh.

"Sorry mummy, but this is all mine." My daughter says.

"Gee thanks, generous much?" I say, ticking her against the bed. Danel bursts in to uncontrollable laughter.

"Okay okay, we can share!" She squeaks out between laughs.

"Better." I say, planting a kiss on her forehead.

"We love you princess. Thank you for your generosity, but that mic is yours and for you to use." I say.

"I know it might be mine, but we can share." She says.

"Of course, and I appreciate it." I say.

"What did you want to do now?" Hailee asks.

"Can you help me write my second song?" Danel asks. We nod and begin brainstorm ideas and lyrics for her track. Half an later, we had the pre-chorus and chorus completed.

Seize the time
Don't let it pass you by
Hear me, seize the time
Seize the time
Live as there's no second try
What does it take?
Nothing should stand on your way
Slow down time and seize the moment
Here and now
Get on your way

"That's amazing, did you have a tune or melody in mind?" I ask. Danel ponders for a moment and hums a beat. I move my head in sync with her humming.

"Okay, shall we try out your fancy gift?" I ask, grinning. She nods excitedly and hurriedly grabs her new microphone. We connect it to Hailee's laptop and launch the recording software. I count Daneliya in while Hailee starts the recording. It took just one take for her to record the chorus perfectly.

"I think you've got something beautiful here. I also think that it's time to turn in for the night, it's getting late." I say.

"I hope so. I'm getting tired too." She says. Danel quickly takes a shower and brushes her teeth to get ready for bed.

"Goodnight sweetheart." I say after she gets in to bed.

"Goodnight mummy." Hailee and I follow suit and get ready for bed ourselves. We share a kiss and turn in for the night looking forward to a new day. Two weeks later, we had performed in several cities on the West Coast to finish our tour including LA, Seattle and Houston. With every show, I was able to see our daughter flourish and grow her confidence with every concert. We were now on a commercial flight en route back to New York along with Meagan. Camila had bid farewell to us after our last concert and proceeded to make her way to her family in Miami.