Chapter 61: forgive and forget

Hayes' pov

Matt and Jack G came in. it looked like they were about to beat someone up. it looked like it was gonna be me.

But when they saw that I was crying. they looked at each other then at me.

"why'd do that Hayes." jack said angrily.
"I-i- she kissed me!" I let out.

"That's what they all say! but why didn't you stop her?!" Matt yelled.
"I don't know okay! I don't know! maybe bc she as my ex and I missed her a lot bc she moved away!!"
"YOURE DATING ASHLEY YOU CANT JUST FUCKING KISS SOMEONE ELSE!!" jack g got up and tried punching me but Matt stopped him.

I ducked. "I'm-I know that."
"you're 14 Hayes!! there's no fucking point of dating at this age!! you're just gonna ruin y'all's friendship!!" Matt said to me.

I looked down. "okay no." I said and got up.
"Ashleys the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm not gonna let you guys ruin my chance with her." I said.

"Well guess what?! you already ruined it." jack g yelled and walked out.

I looked at him.. no that can't be true. Ashley has too kind of a heart to do that. right?

Matt gave me a look. I didn't know if it was sympathetic or long and hard. I think somewhere in between.

"Just.. fix it Hayes.." Matt pointed his finger to my chest. "fix it. you don't wanna ruin her birthday. it's in 2 days."

He walked out.

I need to fix this with her. as quick as possible.

-
-
-
-
I walked back to our room. she wasn't there.

I looked out on the beach and she was smiling and having a good time.

Was she really happy about all this going on?

I turned back and went to my room.

-
-
Ashleys POV

I was on the beach trying to make it look like I was having a great time. Smiling, laughing, and giggling. it was all fake. I was hurt.

I miss Hayes. I miss him a lot. I love him so much and he's the best thing that's ever happened to me. he makes me so happy.

Dylan was the only one who knew I was faking and she gave me a sympathetic look and mouthed to me, "I'm sorry."
I looked at her and smiled.

"Let's go to the mall." Zaq suggested.

We all nodded and went to find someone to take us.
As I walked in I remember I needed to grab cloths from my room.

oh no. oh god no.

"Hey Dyl, can u grab my cloths from my room? there's like a 100% chance that hayes' in there."
"you can just use mine." she smiled.

"okay thanks twin." I hugged her.

I walked to her room with and she gave me her favorite dark blue jean shorts.

"oh no Dyl! you wear them!"
"no you wear them." she pushed them to me.

She went to my room to grab a shirt for me and I waited in her room.

She walked back in with a sad look on her face.
"what's up?" I said looking at her.
"Hayes is crying in the bathroom and he threw up. I went over to him and rubbed his back. he thought I was you so he screamed Ashley!! and hugged me so hard. then he saw I was.. me and started crying even harder. I rubbed his back and he kept telling me to tell you to go to him. Ashley, he really didn't mean to hurt you."

"Dyl, I know that but.. this is the third time he's done something like this."

"Ashley.. please just.. give him a break. maybe tell him that you guys should break up... for now until it's appropriate to get back together."

I looked at her. "thanks Dylan!" and hugged her. I ran to my old room.

now let's see what I'm gonna say..