Worth

After a long quiet walk, followed by a good chaotic bar brawl, Assaj eventually managed to calm herself. She sat in front of the bar with a glass of piss water this people called beer. She took a sip and shivered at the taste of it. Still, it was enough to do the job. After the chaos, everyone had run off giving her the time to mull things over. 

What did it matter if she showed affection or not. It was a slip of the moment and had nothing to do with her overall goal. She showed weakness and unlike the Count, Darth Occlus didn't seem bothered by her actions. In fact, he might have been the one to lay it all out. The Sith Lord has a special plan for Ahsoka, Assaj knew that from the very beginning. If he's using her as a way of getting close to her, then so be it. As long as she gets what she wanted in the end, then so be it. Assaj raised her glass and took another sip. 

'Seems like you've been letting off some steam'.

The apprentice quickly turned and threw her glass but before she realized who it was, she had already let go. The glass flew towards Darth Occlus who managed to catch it. The content, the other hand, spilled all over him. For a quick moment, Assaj held her breath. The Sith Lord had been patient with her but he was still Sith. Sooner or later, her insolence would be met with punishment. It would have come eventually, sooner or later. 

Darth Occlus sighed. He placed the glass back on the bar table and wiped the beer from his face. For a moment he simply looked at her before eventually talking. 'Oh, relax. I'm not gonna incinerate you. Just go out back and get me something to clean this off'. 

Assaj leapt to the other side of the counter, picking the cleanest piece of cloth she could find and handed it to her master. She watched him wipe his clothes, flinching at his sudden movements. She wanted to be small. Unseen. To hide from the pain about to come. For a moment, she raised her eyes to look at him and saw his eyes fill with pity. Her fear turned to fury. 

'Stop looking at me', she yelled, her hands held tight in a fist. 

The Sith Lord smiled at her gently. 'I'm not like Dooku, Assaj. I'm your friend. I'm not going to hurt you'.

'Shut up. Don't treat me like that stupid padawan. I've played this game long enough to know my worth'. Tears began to swell in the apprentice's eyes. She quickly wiped it and gave her master a powerful glare. 

'At the very least, with the Count, I knew where I stood', she continued. 'To him, I was nothing more than scrap and he made damn sure I remembered it. But you don't even have the decency to tell me that you're just using me'. 

Darth Occlus sat there quietly. He then grabbed a nearby bottle and poured her a glass. He pushed it towards her. 'Drink'. 

Assaj huffed.

'I said drink'.

Assaj flinched but hesitantly took the glass and drank it all in one gulp. 

'I didn't tell you everything', he said. 

'I knew it. I fu-'.

The Sith Lord stopped her. '-and neither will I. Ever. You've said it yourself. You know how the game is played. You're my apprentice and I will treat you so. If you can't serve me, then leave'. 

Their eyes met, neither one wanted to give way. 'I promised you power, Assaj. But I will not give freely. Serve me or leave. Make your choice'. 

The woman finally let things go. 'I'll serve you'.

'Good. Now, pour me a cup, will you? That was a long speech you made me do'.

The apprentice did as she was told. She'll serve him. For now.