Patrick Hockstetter x reader - Inseparable

Requested by Psychoboy1996.

A/N: I mixed stuff from the book with stuff from the movie in this, I hope it's not super messy because of that...

You and your best friend were infamous in Derry.

The Psycho-Twins they liked to call you, despite the fact that you didn't look alike even the slightest. Everyone knew you were practically joined at the hip, thick as thieves and never seen without the other. When people talked about you it was always Patrick Hockstetter and Y/N L/N, never just one of you.

You did everything together. Or rather you had.

You felt like crying when you thought of it.

Ever since you and Patrick had become friends you hadn't been apart for longer than the few hours you had to spend sleeping in your separate homes, but now you hadn't seen him in days.

You had no idea where he might be. You'd looked everywhere you could think of.

His house had been your first station when he hadn't shown up in the place you had been supposed to meet on Tuesday, but his mother told you she hadn't seen him since the day before.
She had thought he was with you.

So you went to the junkyard, where you had hung out with Henry Bowers and some others on Monday.
Patrick and you had been the last to leave. The both of you had wanted to check on the pigeon in the old refrigerator at the outskirts of the dump. The decay was coming on nicely.
Patrick had wanted to stay there a little longer after you left, but there were no signs of him there on Tuesday.

You checked the Barrens, too, and even the old Neighbolt house that you two liked so much because of how much it scared everyone else.

Still, he was nowhere to be found.

You knew what that meant, even if you didn't want to believe it.

Patrick Hockstetter had become one of the missing.

But that couldn't be. It simply couldn't.

Patrick wasn't like all those other kids that had gone missing. He was special. He was important. Real. It was impossible for him to just disappear.

But as the days went by Patrick didn't show up, and it felt like a piece of yourself was missing. The both of you had been inseparable ever since you had met and discovered your mutual interests.

You still remembered it like it was yesterday. Third grade, in Mrs. Douglas' English class.

Patrick had been forced to move seats because the girl in front of him had complained he was bothering her, and he'd ended up next to you.
Halfway through class, when you had been close to falling asleep from boredom, he had placed his pencil case in front of you, gesturing for you to open it. The grin on his face had suggested the content would be anything but pleasant, but you had opened it anyway.

When you had seen the dead flies inside you knew the two of you were meant to be friends, knew Patrick was like you.

You shared everything, possessions, thoughts, and secrets alike. You'd been so close that sometimes you weren't sure where you ended and Patrick began.

But now you were alone again.
Before you'd met Patrick you had been alone too, but it hadn't bothered you back then. Now it did.

By Friday you felt like going insane, though of course most would argue you had never been sane to begin with.

The uncertainty drove you up the walls. Where the hell was Patrick? What had happened to him?

You didn't give up the search, staying out long past the curfew in hopes of finding your friend. You were sure nothing would happen to you. But of course nothing should have happened to Patrick either...