Chapter 14: Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures

I hear groans and yells from my friends being beaten up and I start feeling guilty. I'm running away from my boss trying to kill my teammates. My friends. 

I try shaking off the feelings as I keep running and running until I reach the scene of my fight with the UA students. They just regathered themselves and were getting ready to probably warn the pros when I arrived. They suddenly turned and started to charge at me.

I turn my head and throw my hands up to protect my face. "Wait! I come in peace!" I yell, begging for temporary peace. For the most part they all stop. All except one. "How can we trust her? She's nothing more than a good for nothing villain?" Said Bakugo. I remember his name because we tried recruiting him once to join the league. I brace for impact, but after not feeling anything for a few seconds, I look up and spot Deku stopping him. My heart started racing knowing the boy I am head over heels for is protecting me.

"Gah. What the hell are you doing Deku? Stop protecting the villain!" Bakugo demanded. "Hold on Bakugo. I trust her this time. She's normally far more aggressive, but at the same time way more stealthy." He pointed out, accidently notifying me of a flaw in my strategies. "She just charged in this time, no knives or needles ready. No other villains here. And I'm sure that she would've showed up when All For One was here." He stated, causing the enraged Bakugo to grumble. 

Deku then turned to me, his guard let down only a little, but is kind of in a fighting stance still. "He brings up a good point though. If you're here 'in peace' why didn’t you run when you saw us?" He questioned. I turn towards him, look down, put my hands behind my back, and kick the ground. "I…kind of need all of your help." This caused some laughter and a lot of anger from the students. Deku remained semi-calmed, but still kind of annoyed. "Yeah, like us students would go against the top heros to help the villains." He mocked.

"N-no, it's not like that. Well, it is, but it isn't. Let me explain." I pleaded, before Deku nodded. I tell the wannabe heros the whole plan to free All For One, revealing that my Quirk has been upgraded, and how All For One was probably killing the other villains. "And? Why should we care if your villain friends die? And how do we know you're telling the truth?" Bakugo chimed in. "Why would I expose my Quirk upgrade when I could've kept it a secret to get the jump on you guys if I wasn't desperate for help?" I countered.

Before anyone had a chance to speak up, a semi familiar voice chimed in. One that sounded like Dabi's. "I don't care if she's telling the truth. But even if I did, I believe her. We can assume he's free thanks to her plan working. And he will not kill my brother." It said.