13 // Possession

❥ EVERETT'S POV

EVERETT'S POV

I'm going to kiss you now.

Everett isn't that far off from begging for it.

The dark look swirling in Knox's eyes burns brightly, the heat so intense that Everett swears he's beginning to melt from the inside out.

He's more excited about kissing this man than he had been about losing his virginity all those years ago. That night, which later turned out to be a disappointment, doesn't compare in the slightest to what's happening right now; the scorching result of an attraction that has taken its sweet, sweet time to grow.

Everett told himself again and again that he needed to behave while living at the clubhouse, and especially when around Knox. His body, however, had rejected that ludicrous request every single time.

Why be good when it feels so much better being bad?

Having Knox's hands on him isn't enough. Everett wants more, so much more. His chest continues to rise and fall as he breathes heavier, faster, lust having put him in a violent chokehold. The realization that this isn't a dream, that this is finally happening after weeks of teasing each other, has him scared he'll spontaneously combust before Knox can seal the deal.

The man doesn't look nervous at all, at least not on the outside, so what the fuck is taking him so long to wrap up what he started?

"Do it," Everett whispers, barely able to recognize his own needy voice. "Kiss me, damn it." His quivering hands grip Knox's waist and slowly travel up his muscular back as if he's scared the man will poof and disappear in the next ten seconds. "What are you waiting for?"

"Was giving you one last chance to back out," Knox says. "You sure you don't want to take it?"

"No, I'm not going anywhere." What Everett does take is matters into his own hands. He tilts his head back, pushes his mouth forward, and closes his eyes when he feels their lips touch.

Holy shit...

Occasionally, Everett can be a bit of a dreamer.

But never did he think he'd ever get to experience a moment like this, one he had only seen in movies. He feels it happen the second after they kiss. He feels the world shift beneath their feet, pleasure dancing beneath his skin as Knox's tongue wastes little time tasting the inside of his mouth. Everett, wholly and happily, succumbs to Knox's possession. He feasts on it. Drowns in it. Becomes one with it entirely.

Fuck, does he feel what I'm feeling? He has to feel it, too. He has to know...

The kiss begins and ends all too soon as the sound of footsteps slows to a stop beside them.

It's like a bucket of cold water gets poured over Everett when Knox pulls away from him with a deep growl to check out the sudden intrusion. The man's irritation gradually morphs into anger as he guides Everett behind him before turning around to face one of his brothers.