Chapter 59 🌷

[Name] ran in the cool midnight air, but the harsh panting made [Name] feel as if he was on fire.

"Emergency summon! Emergency summon! Attack on the Ubuyashiki Estate!!" The crow screeched as [Name]'s lungs burned from the sudden run, and the scars pulled and outcried at the sudden pain they were put under.

Just as the estate came into view, [Name] allowed his nerves to calm as he believed he'd make it, but [Name] was blasted back by a massive explosion as his eyes widened at the now-blown-up Ubuyashiki Estate.

"Oyakata-Sama!" [Name] screamed. He heard more screams and shouts further in the distance and quickly stood up and ran to the scene, but his body suddenly froze at the sight of the demon progenitor. It had only been a few weeks since multiple countries' Hashiras had all been killed by demons, and now it seemed Muzan had begun his attack on Japan.

[Name] saw how Shinazugawa, Himejima, Kanroji, Iguro, Tomioka, and Sumiko arrived, all equally terrified of the demon progenitor. Suddenly, the group charged at Muzan, all planning to attack him.

"Without blades, we can't kill him; only the sun can defeat Muzan!" Himejima shouted as [Name] gasped as he suddenly fell through a shoji door. He fell for a long time until he saw the bottom of the endless fall and quickly activated a technique to stop himself from falling to his death.

Suddenly, multiple demons headed his way as [Name] elegantly sliced their necks. [Name] noted how these demons were all at a level similar to lower moons. Of course they were easy for a pillar, but [Name] hoped the lower demon slayers would be okay dealing with them.

Clutching at his haori, [Name] set off again, killing every demon in his way. [Name] heard the familiar crows' call, but the words had sent him into pure relief.

"Agatsuma Zenko has defeated Uppermoon 6. She is being treated by other demon slayers!" The crow called out as [Name] smiled slightly.

"Good job, Zenko!" [Name] spoke to himself as he spun and sliced off a demon's head. Not a long while after slaying hundreds of demons, [Name] heard more pleasing news.

"Sumiko and Tomioka have defeated Akaza Uppermoon 3. They have collapsed from exhaustion!" [Name] looked at the crow as a massive group of dissolving demons lay at his feet.

"All the uppermoons aside from number 4 have been defeated! I need to find Muzan!" [Name] ran faster as he searched for the demon king. However, a crow flew up and began to guide him, and [Name] followed it closely.

Not a few minutes later, [Name] heard his phone ring, and he answered it as he ran. "[Name]! We need help. The League of Villains is attacking!" Uraraka's voice was heard as [Name]'s eyes widened.

His breathing picked up as he looked back and forth. Does he help his comrades defeat a monster that has been in the shadows for hundreds of years and killed many, or does he help his school defeat a bunch of villains that could defeat the whole world?

[Name] took a deep breath before responding to her, as his voice quivered with every word.

"O-Ochako... I can't help right now, but I promise to come soon. Please forgive me, but hold on a bit longer!" [Name] ordered as he exited the call and continued running, noting the location of Uraraka's phone so he could go help.

"Revival! Kibutsuji Muzan has revived! All pillars gather at once!" The crow screamed as [Name] gulped at the information.

Running faster as the crow quickened its speed, suddenly [Name] crashed through a wall and attempted to slice the white haired demon's neck, but quickly flung himself back to avoid getting sliced in half.

"[Name]!" Sumiko cried in relief at her friend's good condition but quickly focused back on her opponent. The one who massacred her family.

"That Yushiro boy is attempting to take us up to the open world, so we just have to make it slightly easier for him!" Kanroji explained as [Name] nodded as he jumped across platforms to reach Sumiko, gasping at the condition of her eye.

[Name] fought back attack after attack as scrapes and cuts began to litter his skin. However, the infinity fortress began to creak while also rising. [Name] and Sumiko saw an attack heading to Kanroji, and the two both got two katanas from their deceased comrades and forced them through Muzan's head as the demon turned to them, infuriated.

Suddenly, the infinity fortress crashed through the ground into the clean outdoor air, but that didn't make [Name] sigh in relief as there was still the matter of keeping Muzan till daytime in order to kill him. However, [Name]'s heart dropped as he noticed they were in a city.

"An hour and a half left till daytime!" The crow cried as [Name] looked around for anyone at all, but he was completely alone.

However, [Name] was alerted as his phone lit up again, but [Name] hardly glanced at it, only seeing the words "Bakugo d" before the screen shut off and ran out of energy. Suddenly, he jumped to avoid flying debris as he was thrust back into the battle.

[Name] watched as a spike neared his face closer and closer until he was pushed back and blood and brain matter splattered onto his face as a girl around his age in the standard uniform pushed him back as she was impaled through the head and her lifeless form collapsed instantly.

It seems the young, hardly experienced demon slayers were being human shields for all the Hashiras. "Look over there," [Name] did not wish to follow Muzan's orders, but his body refused to listen to his mind, and his eyes looked ready to pop out of his skull as he saw Sumiko laying there choking.

"She was soaked in my blood; there's too much for it to turn her into a demon, so it'll destroy her cells and she'll perish. Kamado Sumiko is already dead." Muzan spoke as [Name] shook his head in denial as he looked at Sumiko, whose body pleaded for a breath that she was not granted.

[Name]'s eyes lit up in rage as his hands clenched his katana tighter.

'How dare you, Muzan!'