Chapter 2 - 『Wei Ying's Shijie And Shidi』

For starters, Jiang Yanli didn't expect to gain another brother, such another peculiar one who Wei Yung claims to be his gege.

"Xun-ge! Try this one!" Wei Ying offers his ration of soup, colored with red spice that even the smell made Jiang Cheng shiver.

"You're killing him you idiot!" The younger screams, and before Yanli could stop them, the redhead had already taken a spoonful of the soup.

It wasn't that spicy, Cale thinks as he proceeded to eat another, and another that made Wei Ying look at him in awe and Jiang Cheng with horror.

Yanli just chuckles before putting the chili container beside Cale.

"Have more if you want."

Cale just nodded, thankful as he poured the spice to his own bowl to his liking.

Jiang Cheng looked at him more severe than the horror he have earlier.

"Hm." Cale hums in satisfaction, making the youngest give up.

Wei Ying laughed like a proud brother he is while Cale just continued to slurp his 'bane of death' soup that is much worse than Wei Ying's, or whatever Jiang Cheng names it.

"Xie Lian thy help you but I sure won't if you choke to death."

Cale blinks, before putting an offended look on his face. The redhead then knocked the wooden table three times making the people with him confused with his antics.

"A-Cheng, don't be rude to your gege."

Jiang Cheng choked.

"Then I can be his shixiong!"

"Heyㅡ"

"Good idea, A-Ying!"

Cale just looks at them with a blank look, feeling a little out of place.

Ever since he had died as Cale Henituse, he was born into this world as an orphan in the streets the same as Wei Ying, but with the mind of an adult at age ten.

Cale couldn't even quite believe how he survived his first nine years in the cultivation world, maybe it was his instincts back when he was Kim Rok Soo, who knows.

The problem now is, he couldn't remember the way he died as Cale Henituse. His memory is blank like bleak winter.

Cale unconsciously wipes Wei Ying's cheek that was smeared with sauce, a habit he always do when it comes to Raon, Ohn and Hong.

He flinched a little, before putting down his hand and continued to eat his food.

"Look at him, already acting like a good older brother to A-Ying."

Jiang Cheng huffs before intentionally smearing his cheeks with the same sauce, looking at Yanli with sparkling eyes.

"I have a jiejie who would wipe mine, right?"

Cale just looks at the child with a flabbergasted expression, putting a piece of meat in Wei Ying's own bowl.

"My shidi is being so childish, let me wipe that for you~"

"Stay awayㅡ"

Cale's fingers twitched, his eyes a little distant before making eye contact with Jiang Yanli.

"Do you want to stay for the night?"

The redhead hesitantly nodded his head, but he never uttered a word since this isn't the first time he's sleeping discreetly in the Lotus Pier.

"Let's all sleep together!" Wei Ying suggests, which Cale didn't miss how Jiang Cheng's eyes glint for a while before scowling.

"Who wants to sleep with you and your loud snores?!"