Chapter 1: The TVA

"These timelines just jeep branching out in all different directions! What are we going to do?" Mobius says to himself as he looks at the screen of timelines.

He then sees a man with long black hair frantically running around as if he just got here. The man then found Mobius and tries to talk to him.

"Mobius! Thank goodness you are here. We need to rescue Sylvie. We need to find her!" The Black haired man said, in a panic.

"Woah woah. Slow down. Let's retrace our steps. What department do you work for?"

"Department?! Are you seriously asking me something this stupid? You don't remember?"

"I don't remember you... what department do you work for?"

"Mobius! We have been working together for awhile now..." The man then walked away to find the statue in the middle of the TVA. This statue was not in the TVA when the man was last at it.

"Mobius... who is your new friend here?" A young woman walked behind Mobius who was walking towards the man in the black hair.

"I don't know him, Miss Howlett. Do you think you can help him get to where he needs to be?" Mobius asked Miss Howlett as they got closer to the distressed man.

"No problems. You know that is my speciality. Besides, I think he will be perfect for my missions." She smiled as she got closer to the man who looked like he was about to have a panic attack. His black hair was a mess.

"I don't think we were able to catch your name, mister...?" Miss Howlett asked, smiling genuinely.

"I... I'm Loki... Loki Odinson..." He looked at Miss Howlett. Her dark brown almost black hair flowing down her back in her buttoned up shirt and blazer. Her dress pants neatly pressed and her shoes were shined to perfection. He met her welcoming green eyes.

"Well, Loki, my name is Miss Howlett. Top investigator and a top of the line timeline stabilizer. Welcome to the TVA. Follow me." She motioned for Loki to follow.

"Why should I follow you?"

"What choice do you have, Loki?" She smirked and motioned him again. He was skeptical at first but then decided to follow.

"Mobius. Make sure that I get the reports on the newest timelines."

"Miss Howlett, that's not my job."

"Mobius. I will not ask again. Reports on my desk in the next twenty minutes." And then Mobius grumbled as Loki and Miss Howlett go to her office.

"Who are you?" Loki asked, puzzled at how she knows so much.

She smirks. "You know it. You don't belong here. You are from somewhere else. This is what is scaring you." She said in her British accent, her words slithering out of her mouth.

"But that doesn't answer my question."

"I already answered you before. People here call me Miss Howlett. I'm a investigator for the TVA. My speciality is stabilizing timeline branches or the branches will run into each other." Miss Howlett said as she opened her door and escorted Loki inside.

"I knew that."

"Then why did you ask?"

"I want to know how you know I don't belong here."

"Loki. I used to research all the Loki variants and I know a Loki when I see it. I was a real Loki expert. Sadly those Lokis were eventually snuffed out. So a new Loki is intriguing to me." She said with a smile, Loki looked at her with a questionable look on his face.

"Are you like a Loki bounty hunter?"

"Oh no, no no no no. I'm just intrigued by Lokis. I didn't send them to their demise. The TVA did that. And I never agreed with it."

Loki then sat at the chair in front of Miss Howlett's desk and Miss Howlett grabbed a tea set from the corner of the room.

"Tea?"

"I guess? What choice do I have?"

"Well I do have some bourbon but I hardly touch the stuff. Besides, that is for after work hours." She poured some hot water on some tea leaves in a tea pot. She let the tea steep for the proper amount of time before serving it to herself and Loki.

"This tea is really good."

"Glad you like it. It's one of my favorites." Loki then sat his tea down.

"Okay. So now that I know you know what I am and that I don't belong here. Is there anyway you can help me get back to where I belong?"

Miss Howlett set her tea down after she took a sip. She smirked in her chair, placing her legs in the chair arm, lounging like some big shot.

"Well, that's where I need to know if I can trust you enough to help you. To earn that trust, you need to work with me. I have some timelines that need fixing and I can't do it alone. A Loki would be perfect for the job." She smiled as if she just make a checkmate at a game of chess.

"Why would I help you?"

"You need to get home, don't you? You miss your friends. Mobius... Sylvie..."

Loki looked at Miss Howlett and knew there wasn't another way. She was the only one who seemed to be the person who knows everything. The only person that knows Loki.

"Fine. I will help you but you better keep your end of the bargain."

She smiles wider and looks at Loki with her elegant green eyes.

"Of course. I would never think of betraying you. Now let me show you a place you can take a nap before our mission." She guided Loki to the sofa that pulled out into a bed. He rolled his eyes.

"You need to have all of your strength, Loki." She gave him a blanket and pillow and he tried to take a nap.

A few minutes later he did eventually go to sleep.

Miss Howlett then went into a secret entrance to her bedroom in the office. She changed into some pajamas. Her necklace with a green jem glowed a magical green.

"Don't worry, I will help you remember me...Father."