Chapter I

It was a foggy day in Oakville when I received the letter I waited for so long :
„ Dear Paige Vanderbilt, we are glad to inform you that you've been accepted into Rosewood Academy but our online program is full, so you can't attend from the comfort of your own home. If you decide that Rosewood Academy is the school of your choice, then we will provide you with a dorm room on campus. The tuition fee will be discussed in person
- Rosewood Academy "
I've been homeschooled my whole life until now. I've always had this desire to attend an actual school, have classmates, and have friends that aren't personally hand-picked by my awfully strict parents - Zachary and Martha Vanderbilt.
I haven't applied to other schools because I definitely wasn't secretly hoping this would happen, but this means I have to move to Rosewood which is miles away from Oakville.
I'm not sure how my parents will react but I hope that they will support my decision - to attend Rosewood Academy no matter what.

I walked down the long, cold halls of my home, leading me to my father's scary office.
- Dad, can I come in for a second. I must ask you something. - I said with a slightly worried look on my face.
- Yes my love, you're always welcome to come in and speak to me. What's going on?
- I got into Rosewood Academy but, there's just one problem.
- Congratulations, we must celebrate! You know that it's very hard getting into these types of elite schools. - my dad had a cheerful look on his face, not knowing what I'm going to say next.
- Their online program is full.
- Oh, so you decided to apply somewhere else then? Is that what you needed to tell me because I'll always support your decision to apply for another school's online program. It doesn't specifically need to be Rosewood. - he didn't even let me finish for God's sake.
- No dad, they're suggesting I should attend in person, you know live on campus.
- Campus?! Do you know how far Rosewood is? It's miles and miles away from us.
- Dad, please think about it, it's my dream school.
- No Paige, it's too far away. You've been homeschooled your entire life and now what, you want to move out and live far away, all on your own, in a small dorm with a bunch of strangers? No way Paige. - I've never seen my father's mood change so quickly.

My father and I broke into a fight and my dear mom had to come in and of course, join the fight.

- What's going on here, it's like a catfight! Are you both out of your minds? Screaming as if you're auditioning for a role in „Scream". - my mom said with an annoyed tone.
- And where are you going miss Marilyn Monroe? All dressed up, are you going out again? Because I'm not going to let you go out with your lovers and ignore the fact that our daughter here wants to move to Rosewood. - my mom and dad both have lovers but deny it as if the whole town doesn't know. My mom hates the fact that my dad is right, she goes out every night, gets wasted, and returns home after 3:00 am. My dad is a tiny bit more responsible, at least he isn't out every night but he brings his lover home, her name is Beatrice everybody calls her Trixie. She goes out with rich men, takes their money, and leaves after she's got everything she wants. Dad says she's his " assistant " but we all know she's more than that.
- What do you mean by " lovers " I'm not a sl-
-  Shut up Martha, let's not fight in front of the kid okay? Let's focus on the fact that she wants to move to Rosewood.
- Rosewood? What are you going to do in Rosewood? - my mom doesn't know I applied to Rosewood Academy because she use to go there when she was younger. I heard from some people that she got some type of trauma while attending that school or something else happened but one thing I know is that she got expelled.
- Mom, I applied to Rosewood Academy and I got accepted. But their online program is full so they're suggesting I attend in person.
- Rosewood Academy?! That school is no good, I will not allow you to go there! Forget about it!
I am leaving and coming back tomorrow. Don't call or message me because I won't pick up or reply.
- We know the drill Martha, don't you worry! Have fun with Greg or whatever his name is. - my father replied. He doesn't care about her lover because they want to divorce anyway and he's also got one so it's not a big deal. They won't get a divorce because of me.
- Goodbye. - my mom left. I saw that it was not the usual car picking her up but I ignored it.

My father started tidying up his office because that's how he controls his anger. He told me to go to bed and that we will talk tomorrow morning.