𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧

PLEASE READ IN DARK MODE

Nighttime was upon them when they all decided to take the infamous Demogorgon down with their bare hands. Their hands and weapons, of course. 

Sneaking into the police station was a piece of cake considering how there was only a single officer there holding the fort down. They stole back the surprise box of guns and tools for the plan they had created prior that day. Before everything went even more chaotic.

Coming back to the Byers', they were determined to summon the beast by preparing traps for them. The goal was to burn it alive which was why Jonathan poured a shitload of gasoline all over the floor. Nancy and Monica set up the Christmas lights that were plastered across the whole house like a sea of jungle vines. They also set in the bear trap just so the monster had nowhere to go but scream in agonizing pain as it burns to the ground.

Nancy then rummages for a pair of kitchen knives for the three of them to draw blood. According to Monica, the closest friend to Nancy, it was the last thing she'd expect her to say. The look on Nancy's face was hauntingly beautiful when she was deeply vengeful. The flushed face, the eyebags that were clearly visible when staring at the knife that was now directly on her palm. It was as if she was a different person. A person who was sick of this bullshit. They placed their knives on their palms, about to slit it open.

"On three." Jonathan announced as they all nodded. "One..."

"Two..." Monica says next. She was about to ask if Nancy was okay but Nancy was too quick to respond. "Three!"

After they drew blood and bandaged up their wounds, they all sat around the living room waiting for the time to come. Monica and Nancy were both sitting on the couch while Jonathan looked off the doors and walls, all highly alert. Well, mostly if fear was included.

Monica finally spoke to Jonathan first after minutes of silence. "You see anything yet?"

"Not yet." He replied. "You?"

"No." Monica whispers. "You know... if we... when we make it out... I can't wait for this nightmare to end. You think this will be something we laugh ten years from now?"

"Well, we'll probably need more than ten years... but I don't know..."

Monica nodded off an okay before looking toward Nancy. She notices how lost in rage Nancy looked. She then reached out to caress her hand. "Nancy?"

Nancy immediately reacts by turning her head to Monica's brown eyes. Without speaking verbally, their eyes spoke a million. Lost in the moment, all they could think about was how soft their lips were. How desirable they were to touch... to kiss again... after that night...

Someone loudly started to bang on the door which caught them off guard. Monica grabbed her shotgun which was to the right of her, after hearing the loud banging. She gripped it as she stood even tighter after finding out who it was.

"Jonathan? Are you there, man? It's Steve!" Monica cursed under her breath. "Listen, I just want to talk!"

"Are you serious right now?" Nancy whispers right before she proceeds to answer the door to push Steve out of the way. He then blindly ignored her request and started apologizing for acting like a "total dick" at that alley. Again.

It didn't surprise Monica. He was the classic heartthrob that people fawn over despite how many times he fucks it up. She was simply disgusted by the sound of his voice. Disgust then turns into a slight fear over what he had said, what he knows. All she wanted was for him to be out of the door. Not because he would be killed in seconds but because of his constant pestering.