what does bi mean

https://www.health.com/mind-body/health-diversity-inclusion/bisexual-meaning

Bisexuality is romantic or sexual attraction to both males and females, or to more than one gender. The American Psychological Association states that "sexual orientation falls along a continuum. In other words, someone does not have to be exclusively homosexual or heterosexual, but can feel varying degrees of both.

Bisexuality, the B in LGBTQ+, is a sexual identity, and individuals who identify as bisexual make up most of the LGBTQ+ community.

Still, this identity comes with a lot of misconceptions around it. Not everyone even believes it's a true orientation; it's been described as a temporary phase before a person comes out as lesbian or gay, for example.

But bisexuality is a real identity—here's what bisexuality means and why everyone needs to recognise and understand it.

Simply put, "bisexual" and "bi" are umbrella terms for people who "recognise and honour their potential for sexual and emotional attraction to more than one gender."

People may experience these attractions in different ways, and degrees during their life, and bisexual people don't need to have had specific sexual experiences (or, for that matter, any sexual experiences at all) to identify as bisexual.