40. party

╔══════ • ══════╗

╚══════ • ══════╝

╚══════ • ══════╝

tw: underage drinking

I pressed my palm against my hair in an effort to flatten it. I've been staring in the same bathroom mirror the last twenty minutes, nitpicking everything about myself. I wore a burnt orange shirt with a square neckline with peasant sleeves along with a pair of light washed jeans. The outfit was totally out of my comfort zone but Jessie had dropped it off for me to wear to the party. She had found the pieces in the pantry's clothing stock pile and thought that it would be perfect for me to wear. Each piece was pretty however I have never worn something like this, I felt like it didn't match me. 

The mirror was starting to give me a headache as I turned to the side, looking at myself from all angles. "Len, you almost ready?" Carl said as he knocked on the door. I let out a huff as I took myself in for the final time before opening the door. 

Carl was leaning against the door's frame, his head tilted slightly as he took me in. My stomach churned as I thought the worse. He probably hated this. I never played dress up, I was more than content wearing oversized clothes that didn't match. This whole outfit was foreign to me. I crossed my arms over my chest as I took a step to pass him. 

He reached his hands out to stop me, his fingers grabbed right above my hips. "Someone's dressed up," he grinned as he pulled me closer to him. 

I felt my face heat up as I felt his eyes on me. He always managed to leave me speechless. Especially lately. "Is it too much? Should I change?" I asked as I took in what he was wearing. He wore his favorite flannel with a grey shirt underneath and he wore a pair of jeans. I felt like I was too dressed up for this party. 

"No, you look beautiful," Carl's words made my face light up even more. 

I looked up at him and leaned into him, he got the hint and met his lips with mine. Our kisses have been quick acts of affections since most of them have been in front of others. This seemed like the first kiss were we have the privacy to enjoy it.