Chapter 6

Chris's POV
I don't know what I did to make Drew run away but whatever. I have been on my own my entire god damn life, I don't need him. But to be honest it did hurt, a lot more then I would like to admit. I sat on my bed at 11:00 staring at the small box on my burro, the one that held my largest secret. I shook my head, I can't do this. BRING RING RING! I stood up quickly and ran to the phone to answer it before the call ended. It was probably just my mom and dad. I picked up the phone on the 4th ring. "Hello?" "Yes. Is this Chris Greyson?" A real formal male voice came through, and he sounded tired. "Yes this is he. Can I help you?" I frowned, why would some dude be calling for me? "Sir is there anyway that you can make it to the south general emergency hospital?" I frowned. "What's going on?" I heard my voice crack with worry. "Sir can we please fill you in when you get here?" I ran a hand through my hair and nodded into the phone before realizing that the man couldn't see me. "Um yeah, I'll be there in 20 minutes maybe more." "Yes sir we will be waiting." "Okay bye." We both hung up and I paced for a minute. Why did I say yes, I don't have a ride. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through the contacts, I couldn't call my parents they would be working and would be angry if I called them. My finger hovered over Drew's number, remember when I said I didn't need him well looks like I lied. I clicked and waited anxiously for him to answer.
Drew's POV
The phone echoed through the room, I could've sworn that I put it on vibrate. I reached over grabbing the phone and checking the caller ID. It was Chris, what the hell was he calling me at midnight for. I answered and quickly put it to my ear. "Hey Chris what's up." "Sorry for calling so late but can you give me a ride somewhere?" I sighed and groaned inwardly, was he being serious. "Where do you need to go at midnight?" I could hear him sigh through the phone. "South general emergency hospital." I instantly became worried and sat up straight up in bed. "Why? Are you okay Chris?" I stood up and threw on a shirt and my shoes. "Everything's fine, but I don't know why, they just called me and told me to come down there." I smiled at the fact that he was okay, but frowned at the fact that he needed to be there at all. "Okay where do you live, I'll come pick you up." After he told me where he lived, I hung up and put my phone in my pocket. Now all I had to do was manage to sneak out without making a sound. I walked to the window and pushed it open, before climbing out and on to the roof. Now this was the part where I jump down. I walked to the edge and looked down, it wasn't too far of a jump. Okay here I go. I backed up before I ran towards the edge to jump. I stopped at the end and groaned inwardly. God stop being so cowardly Drew. You can do this. I sat on the edge and closed my eyes before using my arms to push me up and off of the roof. I opened my eyes when I felt the ground beneath my feet. Well that wasn't too bad I thought walking to my bike. Within seconds I was on my way to Chris's place.
Chris's POV
I began to pace, I called Drew 10 minutes ago and apparently he only lived a 5 minute drive away from me. Well I guess he does need to get dressed before he leaves. HONK HONK! I walked over to the window, seeing Drew waving at me from a motorcycle. Seriously a motorcycle, does the dude not own a car. Great just great. I walked out the door and across the lawn to Drew, who climbed off his bike and was now standing there. I got over to him still eyeballing his motorcycle or what I like to call it metal death trap. "Yeah I know she's a beaut ain't she?" He said patting his bike and looking so prideful. "Yeah that's one word for it." He looked over to me wearing that goofy smirk I love seeing. "Well this is quiet the place you got here." He said motioning to my house. I shrugged. "I guess but we should get going, I told the guy I would be there in 20 minutes and I'm already late. He nodded and climbed on the bike before handing me a helmet and putting on his own. I frowned, pitting mine on and climbing behind him. One thing confused me though. "Hey Drew, where do I, you know..." I saw him smirk and reach behind grabbing my arm and placing it around his waist. He patted my hand before releasing me and starting the bike. I could feel myself blushing and instantly felt lucky that the stupid helmet was covering my face. We pulled out of the driveway and very shortly we were parked in the parking lot of the large hospital. I climbed off and took of the helmet laying it on the seat of his bike. He climbed off also taking off his own helmet. He looked at me and began laughing crazily. I furrowed my eyebrows and smiled slightly, what can I say his laugh was contagious. "What's so funny?" He looked up at me, wiping a fake tear from his eye. "Oh nothing just that you got crazy bad helmet hair." I frowned and ran to the rear view mirror of his bike. "Oh my god." My hair was sticking up everywhere and looked awful. I looked at Drew who was still stifling laughter. I smiled, and punched him playfully in the arm. "Well what about your helmet hair smart guy." "Oh don't worry bout mine, it makes me look sexy." He winked at me and turned walking into the hospital. I do have to admit he did look kinda cute. Ugh I hate that I actually like him. "We'll ya coming tough guy?" He shouted turning around and walking backwards. I glared and ran towards him. I watched as he almost fell on his ass over a sidewalk, he was flailing his arms around in an attempt to catch himself. His attempts didn't work as he fell straight on his butt in the grass. I tilted my head back and laughed. He looked confused at first but soon began laughing as well. What a clumsy dummy. I reached a hand down and instead of standing up, he pulled me down with him. What a cheesy move. I shrieked as he began to tickle me. I rolled around laughing and trying to escape. "D-Drew stop!" He smiled and continued tickling me. I couldn't get out if his iron grasp either. "DREW!" He finally pulled away and let me up still grinning. I punched him lightly in the arm and he put up his hands in mock surrender. "Okay okay, sorry." He laughed and I joined him before realizing that I was late and needed to go find that guy I talked to. "Come on we have to go in there." He nodded and helped me up. I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach as we got closer and closer to the hospital. I wonder what this was all about.