021 - Parents

"CEO Kim, I feel like I'm perfectly healthy, maybe I can leave for home tomorrow? I can cook, probably, and I haven't been to office too" Secretary Kim stated as I picked up the coffee cup, taking a sip as I replied.

"You should rest here till your brother comes home. I promised to take care of you, I never break promises Secretary Kim" I said as a pout formed on his face. "Do you want to ge somewhere?" I asked as he looked at me and nodded.

"I have to visit my...parents, right now"

...

Seokjin's POV

I hesitatedly rang the bell. I'm at my parent's house, has to be the worst day. I have never mentioned my parents anywhere so people quite often assume I'm an orphan and honestly I'm no less than it. My mom and dad kicked me out, or rephrasing it, they were never really supportive for whatever I did so I had to move out. Soobin genuinely loathes them.

"You're here" Mom said opening the door as I smiled at her. She lead me to her room, where dad was busy analysing some documents I suppose? She closed the door as I seated down on the couch.

"I have been not we-" "Are you in any kind of relationship?" She asked interupting my words. "N-no" I denied as she took a deep breath and smiled.

"You'll be taking a leave after 15 days from now, appeal it to your boss. Rather, I recommend you to resign" Her anomalous words really have me perplexed. "What for?" I asked as dad put aside the papers, took a deep breathe and replied.

"We're getting you married" I was so startled and taken back as I let out a dry laugh. "S-stop joking" I said uneasily as mom objected "Your father's friend's daughter is going crazy for you after she saw your photos, she's willing to marry you. She's the heir to JKP corporations, think about it" She said I directed my unpleasant gaze towards dad who nodded.

"I'm not interested, I'm too young"

"Doesn't matter" I let out a frustrated sigh. "It's a serious topic mom, you can not decide it for me. " I responded as mom let out a sarcastic laugh, "I can't even decide it for you even though I raised you and your brother for 18 straight years, do you perhaps have no shame?"

"Please stop it"

"Oh, I'm not even entitled to talk to my son now"

That's why I hate coming here. She always points out how unsuccessful I am, and how unlucky she is to have a son like me since I definitely can not reach upto her expectations. I respect her for taking care of me but taking decisions for me without my approval is something I would never appreciate, especially if it is such an important topic.

"What makes you think we're asking you?" I hung my head down. My father is a really short tempered man and I really hate this habit of his. He handed me over a photo. "She's Kang Nara, 28, just look at her. Riches sure are dummies" He said in a chucklesome tone as I stared at the blonde female's photo. She's really prepossessing, but for some reason I do not really want to get engaged with her.

"What do you say?" Mom looked at me, her eyes pleading me to say a "yes" straight away because they'd do it forcefully too if required. "No, I-I am not r-ready" I still denied. "Kim Seokjin, you're getting on my nerves now" Dad said as I gulped nervously and sat on my knees, " Please. I really do not want to"

"So, When are you meeting her?"

...

"That's going too far, you didn't object?" Jimin asked as I replied "I-I tried" He let out a disappointed sigh slapping his forehead frustratedly. "That's just your big problem, you can not even speak for yourself? This is serious Seokjin".

"I don't know, should I run away?"

"Stop saying stupid things"

"If you think I'm being stupid, fucking tell me what to do Jimin. It's hard for me to even start a conversation face-to-face, to even look at their eyes, you expect me to object?"

"Who do you think is going to do it for you? Me? Seokjin darling I'm just a petty friend at the end of the day. There's no value to what I advice or object. You need to act by yourself, all I can do is advice you"

"That's just all you say Jimin. What the fuck am I supposed to do with your advices when I can't act on them?"

"Calm down, You'll be fine darling. We'll figure out"

Figure out. Surely, my parents figured out how to ruin my life. What am I supposed to do? Cry in the corner of my room, sobbing and panting, waiting for Soobin to talk back to them since I can't. That's just so embarassing to even think about, and the worst thing is that this happens most of the time.

You ask me to, I'd stand up against any fucking person but not my parents. They fucked up my childhood and ruined a part of me already.

"Secretary Kim, y-you've been inside since hours. Are you fine?" CEO Kim yelled from the other side as I took a deep breathe, switched off the phone and got off my bed.
"Y-yes" I replied hurriedly, opening the door.

"Let's eat"

...

"Is everything fine between you and y-your family-y?" He asked hesitatedly as I replied back, "Yeah-Yeah, I guess nothing's wrong" I replied bewilderedly as he threw another question.
"You and Jimin...are fine right?"

"Ye-ah, why out of the sudden?"

"I eavesdropped your conversation to be honest. Don't worry everything will be fine"

I am not sure what occured in me, maybe the anger I had been suppressing came out. I unknowingly banged the table and stated in a heavy tone,

"Can you please leave me alone and stop interfering?"