Chapter 1

"I'll see you in 2 weeks Mike with a job I hope right? ", my PO said while handing me my paperwork.
"Yeah, I'll have something by then hopefully. " I said as I was walking out his office. Leaving the building I started walking up on broad street. I wasn't ready to go home yet and I needed to think. I got to find a job in two weeks. I don't even have a resume. I could try and get my job back at McDonald's even thou the manager is a dick. I could hit my mans up see if he got anything for me.
I stopped to see where I was and noticed that I'm in North Philly near Temple. I'm standing in front of a diner with a help wanted sign in the window. I walk inside and was greeted by the hostess.
"Good morning, welcome to Kat's", the host said with a bright smile.
"Morning, I saw the help wanted sign and I would like an application "
"Okay, just give me your name and number and we'll give you a call", she said grabbing a pen and a notepad.
After giving her my info I hopped on the sub to go home. I was glad it was pad 10am so I didn't have to deal with the school kids.
I walked into the house and saw my roommate on the sofa smoking weed with a few more people.
"What's up man", I said as I nodded to the other guys.
"Chillin man you know me", he said with a little smile. I live in a house with three other people. I'm renting a room since that's all I can afford until I get a job. I could move in with my ex but she be playing to much.
I take a hot shower then eat some Chinese food. I lay across my bed and look threw Craigslist for places that are hiring. In the middle of my search I get a phone call from a number I don't know.
"Hello", I say with a bit of an attitude.
"Good evening, this is Mya calling from Kat's Diner, is this Michael Smith?" I sat up straight with a smile.
"Yes this is. "
"Hello Mr. Smith we would like you to come in tomorrow at 6am to fill out some paperwork and meet with the Chef. Will you be able to make it?" That's really fucking early for an interview, I thought to myself. But this might be my chance to get out of this small ass room and get my shit together.
"Yes ma'am I'll be there. "
"Wonderful, please bring your Id and SSC or birth certificate with you tomorrow. Have a good night. "
I hung up and layed back on the bed with a kool-aid smile. I looked at the time and it was 5mins to 8. I got up and looked around for something to wear tomorrow. I wasn't gonna wear a suit, so I went for jeans, white button up and boots. I set my alarm clock on my phone and got into bed. Tomorrow is the start of a new path.

Please let me know what you think of the story so far. PRETTY PLEASE like and comment.