Monsters?

A/n: another specific AU because I'm being self indulgent? Yes.
MONSTER HIGH TIME BABY.

First day, first time at a school for monsters, first time staying in dorms away from home... so many firsts today. The halls were rather crowded, all kinds of creatures roaming around, from mummies to sea monsters there was anything and everything at this school.

Right now you just wanted to focus on getting everything sorted out and settled in. Most people were here socialising with friends they'd missed over the holidays, you wanted to find your locker, find your dorm and unpack before proper classes started tomorrow.

The long hallway lined with coffin shaped lockers was your first stop, your number written in your timetable you'd just gotten and of course it just had to be all the way at the end. Number 444. You weren't very into the whole mucking around and socialising thing, so all the boys tossing their bags at each other and girls standing in big circles of gossip were really starting to get annoying.

"You know what, fuck this. I'm short cutting" you muttered before turning to the wall and walking straight through it.

Yep, you were a ghost. It was quite handy actually. Being able to float and shift through things were pretty good powers to have. You ended up in the next room over, an empty classroom. Cutting through it you walked out the other side of the room and into a much less crowded hall where you finally spotted your locker. Unlocking it and stuffing all your school supplies inside, you made a mental note to get a mini whiteboard for the inside so you could write those reminders you needed so badly. You had a habit of being forgetful.

"Excuse me"

You jumped at the sudden voice behind you, and turned to find a rather unique looking monster who seemed to be a bunch of body parts stitched together.

"Hi! Do you have any idea where the C block is?" They asked.

"I think it's to the left of the cafeteria, I just walked by it" you replied.

"Ah, thank you. You're a life saver. I've been wandering around for ages"

"Same, you know where the dorms are?"

"Down those stairs and to the left"

"Thank you!"

Well at least people were nice when they weren't closing around in the hallways. Parting ways with the nice monster you headed into the dorms and once again found yourself rather lost. Your room was room 43, but it seemed like all the numbers were out of order as you walked past all the doors.

"Damnit- where's my room?" You muttered to yourself.

It took all for two seconds for you to remember the school was alive, upon asking the question the halls suddenly shifted around you and you ended up standing right in front of your door.

"Oh- damn"

Entering you found it already pretty nice for what you were hoping for. Could use some decoration and personalisation but it was pretty cool nonetheless. Your side of the room had a bed, desk, vanity and storage shelves. All you needed for the year. Even better, your bed had a canopy over it so you could hide from the world as you slept.

The other side of the room also had a desk, storage shelves, and vanity. But rather than a regular bed, a coffin was propped against the wall. Your roommate must be some kind of death related monster then... speaking of, where were they?

Probably lost in the halls like you were all morning.

Shrugging it off assuming they'd show up eventually, you began to unpack all your stuff. You already wanted to go to sleep, you were tired from all the hassle of getting checked in, opening assembly, finding your stuff and carrying all your bags around the place. Before you got all ready to pass out though, you wanted to explore this end of the school a bit more to get used to it. So this time without your heavy bags, you set out again.