Pietro bristled at that, scowling somewhat at her mention of Vision, but he made no further move to speak.

It was then that Bruce stepped out, looking somewhat frazzled, his eyes wide. "She's awake," he announced, looking to Clint and Steve with an expression that practically screamed 'help.'

Neither of the men needed to hear anything else; they followed after Bruce into the room, Pietro and Wanda hot on their heels, just in time to see Tony arguing with the girl over the fact that she should really, really lay back down, and he didn't want to have to restrain her, as she shouted for him to get away, and stop prodding her, and who in the world was he anyway?

"Okay, that is moderately insulting, I am one of the most well-known faces on the planet," Tony said.

"Well I don't know you," her fiery eyes cut toward the latest intruders in the room, "or any of you!"

Wanda's head was canted now as she studied Megan, her eyes zoned out. She was still extremely confused; she couldn't access Megan's head. It was like there was just . . . a void where thoughts ought to be. She wanted to ask about it, right then and there, but she knew better. She kept her mouth shut as the other Avengers began to attempt to reason with Megan.

"They're not going to hurt you," Steve said. "They just want to finish their examination."

"We haven't touched you," Bruce added quickly. "It's all been the machines, we're just checking your vitals."

Megan's attention switched to Bruce, studying him warily. "I can already tell you that my temperature will be at one hundred and eight instead of ninety-eight."

Tony sort of shrugged at that; "She's not wrong."

"Do you know why, though?" Bruce asked patiently.

"Of course I do," Megan muttered, still leaning away from Tony, but now with her focus on Bruce. "I have abilities. One of which causes a drastic increase in my body temperature at all times . . . and can frequently also be blinding."

"Guess we got lucky that we found you when you were easy on the eyes," Clint commented, standing near the doorway. He had been watching Wanda and Pietro, assessing each of their responses to Megan. Wanda still seemed perplexed, and Pietro was uncharacteristically silent . . . and gradually scooting closer to Megan.

Warm brown eyes shot to Clint then, and she seemed to study him for a moment before she gave a short nod. "I'd say you are."

"If you would please lay back down for just a minute," Bruce said, "the scan's almost done."

Megan hesitated, looking between he and Tony, before looking over at Steve, Clint, and the twins. Without another word of protest, she lay back down, and took a deep, visible breath.

"Thank you," Tony said with a tinge of sarcasm, restarting the scan before looking back to their new guests. "You can all leave now."

"I'd rather not," Clint commented.

"I'd rather them not," Megan piped in, her eyes shut now.

Bruce and Tony exchanged a look over her, Bruce giving Tony a pointed look, Tony frowning and shaking his head quickly, before Bruce turned to the others. "You can stay," Bruce said. "Just don't touch anything."

"We can do that," Steve agreed.

Tony let out a huff of displeasure, turning his back on his fellow teammates to check the screens that were displaying Megan's vitals. "Doubtful that Speedy can."

"Shut up, Stark," Pietro ground out. When Steve and Clint looked to him, it was very evident that he was doing his best not to move. His hands were clasped tight behind his back, and one of his legs was jiggling up and down, the only part of his body that was moving. Sharp, electric blue eyes had locked onto Tony in utter annoyance.

Wanda stepped toward her brother and placed a hand on his shoulder, intending to soothe him. He stilled momentarily, and tore his death glare away from Tony, his eyes softening as he looked to his sister. No words were exchanged, but her touch did it's purpose; Pietro seemed to relax a little more.

"All right, you can get up now," Bruce said.

Tony didn't so much as turn, but Megan was quick to adhere to Bruce's words. She shifted to a sitting position, and in the same fluid movement jumped to the floor, landing shakily.

Steve was the closest (second to Tony), and was quick to reach out and steady her. He was momentarily surprised by how warm her skin was, but he was quick to remember what she had said. He released her once she'd steadied, and took note of the slight nod of gratitude that she gave.

"We have a few questions we'd like to ask," Steve said then, "if you don't mind."

"No, I don't mind," Megan said quietly, flipping her bangs out of her face and looking up at Steve with solemn eyes. "I just have one question before you do."

"That seems fair," Clint butted in, before anyone else could deny her that.

She looked around at all of them, slowly, roving eyes seeming to take each of their features into account, before she looked back to Steve. "Are you the Avengers?"

"Oh, so now she recognizes us," Tony muttered loudly, still not turning to face the rest of them.

"Tony," was Bruce's quiet reprimand.

"Yes," Clint said, louder than the other two, "we are. Is that a problem?"

A slight, crooked smile tilted Megan's lips, and she slowly shook her head. "There are worse things."