Chapter 37: I Shall Worry

"Do not fret, there are much worse things to fear

"Do not fret, there are much worse things to fear."

Alaesys had almost finish packing everything she would need for this trip. Aemond watched her bring gown after gown to her handmaidens and stopped himself from commenting on just how much clothing she was bringing. He knew better than to upset Alaesys in her current state. He knew she would probably become emotional and ask him why he planned for her downfall.

"Aemond please, if you love me, do not start anything with Daemon." Ally have a stern look to her husband over their bed. Aemond wanted to give a snarky comment so badly, but instead he only gave a short nod and tossed his gloves onto the bed.

"As you wish." Alaesys gave a sigh of relief. Now only if Daemon would do the same. Alaesys was not fond of boat rides. She would very much prefer riding Cesyja across the sea. She was now scared of how her stomach would handle such a bump ride.

Aemond walked around the bed to his wife and softly held her waist until she looked up at him. "There is no reason to worry my love, I promise to be a good boy."

"Have you ever been a good boy in your life?" Alaesys teased her husband while she poked his chest. Aemond bent down and placed his hands under Ally's ass, lifting her up against him and she squealed in surprise. "Aemond!"

"Would you like me to be a bad boy then?" Aemond nipped at Alaesys lower lip and she playfully pushed his head away.

"I would like my husband to finish packing so we can leave." Aemond let Alaesys feet touch the ground but not before he peppered her face in kisses. "Okay, okay, okay!"

"Do not tell me my dear wife is trying to avoid my affection." Aemond cradled her head against his shoulder and softly hummed to her. "I would do anything for you, Alaesys." His hand danced around her belly, dipping lower to graze her heat. Alaesys once again tried pushing his hand away but he was firm this time. He pushed his fingers against the front of her dress and she whimpered, leaning into him.

"There we go, Little Bird. Let me think for the both of us." Alaesys brought her mouth up to connect to her husbands when the door to the bedroom opened. Aemond shielded her disheveled body with his own and glared daggers over his shoulder. Aegon and Helaena strutted into the quarters. Helaena tried to hide the blush across her cheeks and Aegon just smirked like a cheeky bastard.

"Can you two keep your hands off of each other long enough for goodbyes?" Aemond did not respond to his brother. Alaesys knew Aemond cared for his older brother in some ways, but their was some underlying resentment. Alaesys tied it back to his 13th name-day and how Aegon had refused to help him. There was also a hint of something else that Alaesys could not put her finger on.

Alaesys wrapped her arms around Helaena in a hug. The older girl seemed to be shaking. "It's alright Helaena, I'll be back soon. Give the babies all my love for me." Alaesys wipes away one of Helaena's stray tears. Aemond and Aegon were staring blankly across from one another. There were no words shared between the two but Aemond simply gave a nod to Aegon.

Alaesys moved to hug Aegon next and his whole body stiffened. Alaesys did not move until every muscle in his body seemed to loosen. Ally wondered how long it had been since someone had even hugged the man. "Take care of Helaena." Aegon lifted his hands and lightly wrapped his arms around Ally's shoulders.

Alaesys realized it was unlike hugging her father or Aemond. This was liked receiving a hug from a fragile child. Her brothers would hug her in this manner when they were scared or seeking comfort. Alaesys patted Aegon's cheek when she pulled back from the hug. "Stay strong."

Aemond had watched the whole scene with a hardened gaze. Aegon's eyes immediately shot to his when Alaesys had hugged him. The younger brother was just waiting for the Prince to slip up so he could throw him out of the room and scoop up his wife. Helaena broke him out of his heated thoughts and embraced him.

"We will be back soon. Do not worry." Aemond placed his hand on the top of Helaena's head and smiled down at her. She was older in years but in her mindset, she was still a child. Certain noises or actions would cause her to frighten. Alaesys wondered if she spent so much time with her children because the Princess wanted them to have a relationship with their parents. Something every other child besides Rhanerya, experienced.

"Daeron shield be returning home soon as well. He has been traveling and training, I miss him." Helaena seemed to be genuinely happy that her youngest brother would be returning to King's Landing. The two were attached at the hip as children. Alaesys gave one quick hug to Helaena and the four headed down to the dock. Most of their luggage was already aboard so all that was left was to set sail.

Vhagar and Cesyja appeared over the horizon and Aegon seemed startled by the massive size of Cesyja. The white dragon seemed to be growing every single time Alaesys saw her. The dragonkeepers had even told the Princess that they caught Vhagar sharing her meals with the younger she-dragon.

The two seemed to be connecting in a way that Alaesys had only seen Cesyja do with her mother. The two bumped heads as they peaked over the horizon.

"What have you been feeding that thing?" Aegon hissed. Cesyja then decided that was peak moment to screech out her complaints into the air. Helaena clasped her hands over her ears and Aemond put a hand on her shoulder for comfort. Alaesys waved up at her dragon and Cesyja gave happy little chirps of recognition.

"As long as she isn't eating any humans yet, I don't care what it is." Alaesys mused. Aemond wrapped an arm around Alaesys waist and pulled her in a little closer. Aegon and Helaena put on brave faces as the two boarded the ship. The wind shifted when Vhagar took off into the sky. Her massive form overshadowed the ships and Cesyja was not far behind.

The younger dragon was more nimble despite her size. She swept underneath Vhagar and took off towards the direction of Dragonstone. Alaesys waved to Helaena as the boat left the dock. The older woman sniffles back tears and waved to her niece. Helaena flinched in surprise when Aegon reached down to hold her hand. The feeling was weird and odd, but so warm.

Alaesys watched this exchange and gave a sigh of relief. Perhaps the two of them would survive these next fees days. Aemond kissed the junction between his wife's should and neck, smiling at the happy noice she made when he did so.

"They will be alright, Dove. They must learn to do things on their own." Aemond lifted Alaesys hand and studied the bracelet he had gifted her. She hardly ever took it off, along with Laenor's necklace. You would have to pry them from her cold body if someone wanted them.

"I just worry."