XIII

After the kiss with Damiano, I overthinked everything and concluded that the best thing to do from now on was AVOID HIM FOREVER.
  Luckily, he went to the studio in the so-called basement of the house and they stayed there for almost a whole day. I did my job, too. There were some emails to be sent and also a whole bunch of new lyrics. But I had the time for lyrics since they didn't need them all at the same time and they made sure to inform me which potential song to do next. Ever since I started this job, I never worked every day. There were times when they didn't bring me a song for two weeks. And also many of the lyrics were only drafts so not all of them made it into a song.
  I left my room only twice and it was for lunch and some early dinner. I decided to say I'm not feeling well if they come to ask me to join them in their partying or adventures. Of course, I prayed to God Damiano won't come to my room at all. Ever again. I knew it was impossible and I knew how foolish I was but I just didn't know what to do or how to act. I was way too good at overthinking. Why don't I just pretend it didn't happen? Yeah! God, why am I always torturing myself by overanalyzing every single thing to the degree of making it seem like the end of the world? I suddenly snapped out of it. Yes! I just won't think about it too much when I have to see him. Great! It was just a kiss, nothing more.
  Måneskin came to the living room around 11 pm. I could hear Victoria crying about being hungry and I giggled. I spent a few hours of my day on work-related stuff, and then I kept myself busy by watching some videos and reading so I wouldn't fall asleep since I was still jetlagged. I wanted to stay awake as long as I could so I would sleep the whole night. Now I was already in bed and, with each passing minute, I was drifting into sleep. The voices in the living room became more and more muffled until I was completely out.
  I woke up to the vibration of my phone. It was Luna.

"Hey, bestie! Oh! Did I wake you up? Sorry! I don't even know what time it is there.", she said the second I picked up.

"No worries! It's... Oh my God! It's 11 am!", I said surprised.

"You slept in huh?"

"Seems like it. What's up?"

"They gave me a raise at work! Bianca, we could move to a new place now!", she said cheerfully.

"That's awesome Lu! But I am still in the U.S. and I don't know when I'm coming back".

"I am going to start looking and you can, too. I know what you like and don't like about apartments so I can go and examine the ones we find suitable and we can decide that way.", she offered.

"I don't know Luna. I would love to be there, too. It's not that I don't trust you but it's different when you see it in person.", I said apologetically.

"No, I understand hun. It's okay. We don't have to think about it yet. I'm content here as well.", she smiled.

"Thank you! I miss you!", I said as my heart sunk a little bit. I wanted her here so we can share our problems and comfort each other.

"What's wrong B?", she asked.

"Nothing... Damiano and I may have kissed.", I said avoiding looking at the screen.

"You what?! Bianca why didn't you call me?!", she screamed.

"It happened yesterday Lu. I was going to call you today. We are in different timezones, remember?", I defended myself.

"This is huge! How was it?", she was excited.

"Well... I don't know..."

"You don't know?! B, who are you kidding?"

"It was... Passionate, fiery, amazing...", I mumbled.

"Of course it was! He is devilishly hot! What happened then?"