4|hogwarts

chapter four:

chapter four:

h o g w a r t s

LORELEI'S POLISHED NAILS tapped insistently on the Hogwarts table. She greeted shy first-years that seated next to her with a warm welcoming that people didn't usually expect from Slytherins. After the first-years were sorted and got adjusted to their new house, Lorelei scooted away from the young eleven-year olds and joined her possy of the Slytherins which included; Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini, Adrian Pucey, Daphne GreenGrass, Astoria Greengrass, Theodore Nott,and Pansy Parkinson. They were seated towards the middle of the table and Lorelei took her normal seat between Draco, her neighbour, and Adrian, her loving boyfriend.

The Slytherin table was mahogany brown with a viridian green table runner and floating candles for the September fall. Lorelei took a sip of her stew listening to Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle.

"He really fainted?" Gasped Crabbe, a second later shoving a cupcake in his mouth.

"Truly, he did." The platinum nodded eagerly. Malfoy had his signature, mischievous smirk plastered across his face. He always wanted to bring hell to Harry Potter.

"Oy, Potter, you fainted?" Sneered Marcus Flint from the Slytherin table.

"Shut up." Ron, the red-headed Weasley, scowled.

Lorelei chunked a piece of bread at Marcus, "You're a seventh year picking on a third year. That's pathetic, even for you, Marcus."

"Just because you think you're supposed to be a Ravenclaw that doesn't make you better than us."

"Watch it, Flint." Blaise started with a scowl.

Lorelei turned her head from Marcus and saw Gryffindors staring at the Slytherin table. The lot of them had seen the scene unfold and Harry Potter sent the brunette a grateful smile which was returned by the Vespertine heir.

"Why'd you stick up for Saint Potter?" Adrian whispered to his girlfriend as she stared idly at her stew.

"He was causing unneeded trouble, Adrian. As a prefect, I should not stand for that."