|~|Hermitcraft AU: ??? 1/?|~|

"I still don't think this is a good idea, Boss.", they looked over the plan,"I'm positive. After all; You really think I'm scared of some old stories.", the worker was unsure, this was an easy task but the land he wants to build it on was known to be cursed.
Cursed?
There was a huge plot of land that was just a mile or so out of town it was known to have a thick forest surrounding whatever was inside the woods.
But people always warned outsiders and children from going inside as apparently people who go in never come back out, even if they did they would be injured and die days later.
"I ain't about to let a heap of ghost stories ruin a chance of making more money."
The worker sighed, the boss stood up and said he would join because he apparently felt like we were being babies.

=

"Here it is!"
The team and boss looked at the edge of the woods,"We'll be walking for a bit longer.", the boss was the first to enter the woods, the workers hesitated but had no choice to follow him into the woods and prayed for their safety.

=

"Pretfy creepy in here. . . Especially at night."
They set up camp, Boss was working up some more blueprints as they set up tents and lights.
Though the lights didn't do much but make their location known to the whole forest if something really was out there.
"You all got jobs, we want to br ready for the morning work ahead of us."
Boss pointed to all of them.
"Zach and Daniel; Scot the woods."
"Allison and Tom; Look for any creatures to get off the property."
"Mumbo and Fawn; Look for a source of water."
"Gale and Tyler; Stand Guard."
They all took flashlights and with some hesitation they split up into their groups and separated into the woods.

=

"How deep are these woods?"
"No clue."
Gale and Tyler watched as the groups left them with the boss at the campsite.
"You think there's really something out here?"
"I dunno, could be ghost stories or just animals in here."
"True."
But they kept their eyes out for bears, pigs or just any forest animal.
*Thump*
"Must be a bear."
They raised their guns.

=

"Woah."
Mumbo and Fawn came to the lake,"Woah indeed, is this the centre of the woods?", "Maybe. . .?", Mumbo raised his light around scanned around the area,"It looks deserted, no sign of life so maybe there isn't something in here??", Fawn nods, looking at the lake water,"Yeah. . . This doesn't look like drinking water anyway, not that I can tell.", Mumbo nods, still no sign of any animals but so then why did people come back injured or never came back at all?
"Hey, Mumbo look at this."
Fawn held something out to him,"What is that?", "It was in the lake.", Mumbo was surprised, it looked to be an Emerald,"An Emerald?", Fawn shrugged, putting hit in her pocket,"Maybe this used to be where people looked for gold?", "Maybe.", "AHHHHHHH!!!!", the air filled with screams and gun fire!
"What the. . .?"
"The others!. . ."
Fawn and Mumbo ran back into the woods towards the screaming and gunfire.

=

"GOD!!!"
"Daniel!?"
"Oh thank GOD!"
Fawn rushed to his side,"What happened?!?! Where's Zach??!", Daniel hissed as Fawn sat him up against a rock,"I dunno. . .! Something got him, then some crazy red headed bit me!", none of them had red hair, Mumbo took off his suit jacket and wrapped it around his arm,"Keep it on, I'll try and find Zach.", "You sure Mumbo? Someone needs to stay with Jack.", Mumbo stood up and ran as he loads his gun.
"Just breath Daniel. . ."
"I am. . .!"

=

"What the. . .? How did I get back to the camp site. . .?"
The campsite was empty, no sign of anyone not even the Boss.
"Boss? Gale??-"
"AHHGGGHHH!!"
Gale fell from a high place, Mumbo was in shock as he backed away and covered his mouth.
Mumbo backed away, not sure if Gale was dead or not but he wasn't about to touch him to find out.
"Boss?!?! Tyler?!?!?"
Mumbo entered the Boss's tent and saw the blueprints teared up and covered in blood.
"N-No. . . I need to get back!"
Mumbo rushed out of the tent to find Fawn and Daniel, they needed to get out as the ghost stories were starting to become more true and Mumbo was convinced someone was in the woods with them and watching their every move!

=

"Fawn, Daniel; We need to leave, Boss, Gale and Tyler are-"
Mumbo froze.
Fawn lay there looking burned and dried from something and Daniel lay there motionless and someone was kneeling next to him.
"Who. . . Who are-?"
The person turned around to Mumbo, Mumbo dropped his flashlight and covered his mouth to not be sick.
This person, looked like a zombie but had eaten out of Daniel's flesh.
"AHHHHHH!!!!"
Mumbo took off running!
The Zombie stood up, wiping their mouth as they looked up at the sky at the passing figure.

=

There's no way!
That was a zombie, right?!
But the Zombie looked almost human!
"OW!"
Mumbo fell,"What did I even trip on?!", Mumbo looked behind him and saw a rock  he hadn't seen before, it was split in half for some odd reason like a clean split.
Mumbo walked behind the rock and saw it was now gone but walking forward it reappeared.
"What. . . What is up with this forest?!"
Mumbo looked around, then noticed a shop in the middle of nowhere,"?", Mumbo felt like he was in a horror film, usually he'd not go inside the abandoned looking shop but with whatever that thing was, it was probably after him so he didn't see another option.

~

Entering the shop, Mumbo noticed it didn't look abandoned because of the candles and the fact it looked like someone was taking care of this place.
"What the?- Hello, is anyone here, I need help."
Silence.
So no one was here?-
"Who are you  Mortal?"
"AHHH!!!"
Mumbo jumped back from the counter, there was a Glare! He thought those were extinct!
But the mob soon morphed into a human. . .?
"You gave me quite the scare Mortal, but hi welcome to my shop; I'm Bdubs."