6. Mask

He wasn't wrong when he said he was far from ugly underneath that mask. We were both too stunned to speak. Seeing a real reaction on his face felt weird to look at.

"Get the fuck out." He spat at me in his thick british accent.

I immediately closed the door and walked out the room. I don't know how i'll ever live that down. I need to wait for him to finish to apologize, i refuse to be bullied the entire fucking mission, more than i already had been. I decided to go back into the room and wait for him on the bed. I want to get this over with. I'm bracing myself for the scary altercation up ahead.

I finally hear a click and a door open.

I look up at him, the mask is back on.

"I'm really sorry Ghost. the door wasn't locked and i should've knoc-" he interrupted me by holding up his right hand, signaling me to shut the fuck up.

"It's fine. Don't speak of this to anyone." He said and started walking towards the door.

Wait.. that's it?

"That's it?" i asked, which made him stop in his tracks.

"What the fuck do you want from me y/n?" he sounded almost defeated, and was avoiding my eye contact. Which is rare.

"I don't know, i was expecting yelling, walls being punched, shouting, i don't know anything besides 'it's fine'"

He didn't even answer. He just stormed out. I don't understand this man. I saw him at his most vulnerable moment, i would have expected a bigger reaction. Especially coming from him.

But then i have a sinful thought. A thought someone in my current situation should not be having;

The image of his dick is forever imprinted in my brain, and I'm making it my life's mission to see it again.

_________________________________

"What did you do y/n?" Soap asked me once i walked into the debriefing room.

"What do you mean?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Ghost seems more angsty then usual, and when Price brought up your name he stormed out. We haven't seen him all day." Soap was scolding me, waiting for an answer. Which he obviously wasn't going to get. When Ghost said he was fine i knew he was bullshitting me, but i didn't think he was this infuriated with me.

"I don't know. I'll be right back." I didn't wait for an answer as i went looking for him. I did this. I need to fix it.

I had one of the soldiers drop me off in the city. I wouldn't even know where to look. He seemed to like the city lights and the streets so maybe somewhere with a view. I asked a couple people on the street where i could find a building or mountain with a view. I was directed to a small cliff just 5 minutes away from our base, i'm assuming he's there. I don't know what to say once i see him, I'm sorry? I've apologized already and he said it was fine, i know it isn't fine if the sound of my name made him flee.

I don't think he's angry because i saw him naked, i think he's angry because i saw his face.

Which makes it worse.

I finally make my way up to my destination, seeing a tall silhouette looking over the city. I took step and stepped on a crunchy leaf, within seconds i suddenly feel hands around my neck and a knife pointed at my throat.

"Ghost it's me! It's me!" I screamed. He roughly let me go, nearly making me fall.

"Don't bloody scare me like that." He said angrily. His accent sounds heavier when he's angry. "What are you doing here y/n."

"I just wanted to apologize again."

"I said it was fine." He said inching closer to me.

"Well i know it wasn't and i want things to be okay with us." I replied backing up.

"They weren't to begin with." He said inching even closer to me.

"Well for what it's worth, i am truly sorry. And if i could take what happened back i would. I just don't understand why you won't let anyone see you." I began stepping closer to him.

He froze in his tracks. "It's for no one's eyes to see but my own."

I don't know why i thought it would be a good idea to say this, "i liked what i saw."

"You think this is fucking funny?" He's now yelling in my face, slowly turning me on with every word.

"It's a fucking mask for fucks sake. I don't know what it represents or why you wear that thing but it means nothing to me. With or without it, all i see is a coward who hides behind a mask." I spat out the words like venom.

I again feel those rough hands closing around my throat.

"Call me a coward again and see what happens."

"Cow..ard" i attempted to respond in-between breaths.

I really wish this was the moment when the main characters in the movie kiss, but by the look he's giving me i think he would rather throw me off of the cliff behind him.

I feel something sharp poking my neck again, he's fucking crazy.

He whispered in my ear, "Say it again."

But i chose the right thing by shutting my mouth. I think i've done enough.

"Good girl." He said as let go of me. "Now leave."