28. She's perfect

"What is it, Lou?" Harry asked.

"A contraction" Louis declared "I think I'm in labor".

"Are you sure?" Harry questioned.

"I don't know, I've never been in labor before" Louis replied.

Louis was still sitting on Harry's lap, but then he got up and he put his hands on his belly.

"Do you still feel the contraction?" Harry asked.

"No, it stopped" Louis replied.

"We should wait and see if you have another one, it might have been one those Braxton Hicks contractions you've had before" Harry considered.

"No, this felt different" Louis shook his head "But we should still wait".

"Okay... uhm... I'm gonna take a shower, in case we need to go to the hospital" Harry decided.

Louis nodded and sat on the bed, and Harry went to grab some clothes and took them to the bathroom with him to get dressed after the shower. He tried to keep his shower as short as possible, but at the same time he had to process the fact that: 1. He had kissed Louis and he had almost slept with him, and 2. Louis was most likely in labor.

When he came out of the bathroom, Louis was still sitting on the unmade bed, and he wasn't going anything.

"Have you had another contraction?" Harry wondered.

"Yeah, just now" Louis replied.

"How long was it since the last one?" Harry asked.

Louis looked at him, his eyes big, and he just shrugged.

"We're going to start timing them, yes?" Harry decided.

Louis nodded, and he actually looked scared, so Harry went up to him, and held his face.

"Don't be scared, you can do this" Harry assured him "And we have everything ready, the bags are packed and we're days away from your due date, so she's ready to get out of your belly".

"Yeah..." Louis nodded.

"Do you want to watch a movie while we wait?" Harry suggested.

"No" Louis denied.

"What do you want to do?" Harry wondered.

"Just wait..." Louis mumbled.

"Okay, we'll just wait" Harry smiled.

And that's what they did.

As they waited and Harry timed the contractions, they realized they were coming very spread out and very inconsistently, sometimes 17 minutes passed, then 15, then 18, and according to Louis it wasn't very painful, just uncomfortable.

As lunch time approached, Harry texted his mum saying him and Louis wouldn't make it to lunch, but he lied and said that Louis was tired and wanted to stay home. He just didn't want his family to get anxious about the baby coming, as he knew it was a process that could take a long time.

Niall came home around 4 in the afternoon, and by then Louis was sitting on the couch, wrapped in a blanket and watching a tv show, and having contractions about 13 minutes apart.

"Are you okay?" Niall asked when he saw Louis close his eyes and take deep breaths.

"He's in labor" Harry announced.

"Why aren't you at the hospital?" Niall asked alarmed.

"We're not supposed to go yet" Harry answered.

"At least hold his hand or something" Niall told his friend.

"He doesn't want me to touch him" Harry said honestly.