37- TEASER 2

Here's the second teaser~

The default language is Italian unless italic, then it's whatever language is specified or English.
_______________________________________

"Going undercover isn't your strong suit, 10."

"It doesn't matter, I have a mission to complete."

September 12, 2022
Ragusa, Sicily, Italy
Romano's Caffetteria
_____________________________

"Welcome to Romano's, what can I get you?" Aspen smiled as he greeted the next customer to walk into the Coffee Shop he worked at.

The newest customer was someone Aspen didn't immediately recognize, which was peculiar since all the customers were regulars.

The man walked up to the counter, wearing a black three-piece suit without a tie and instead the first two buttons were undone.

His hair was dark brown as well but he had lightened tips, the brown-blond hair was fully down and unexpectedly straight.

Despite what Aspen knew of this man, he looked much more feminine than his reputation made it seem.

"Can I get a black medium coffee and... your phone number?" the man requested, casually as if it was a normal everyday order.

Aspen's professional smile faded, "A medium black coffee," he said over his shoulder to his co-worker, Christina, he then turned back to the suited man, "your total will be €50."

The man raised his eyebrow, "50? The menu says a black coffee is €1.30." he pointed out, wondering why he was charged at least 40 times more.

Aspen crossed his arms over his blue café apron, "You asked for a special order. If you look up there," he pointed to the menu hanging on the wall, "you'll see special orders can vary from 10 to 60 euros." he replied.

The man smirked, handing over his credit card to pay for the expensive purchase.

The card was an all black one with gold lettering, 'Zachary Denaro' was the name across the front of the card which showed off just how rich this man was.

Aspen swiped the card before handing it back to the man along with his coffee.

The man gave him a look, "And your number?" he asked expectantly.

Well I did overcharge him for it so I guess now I have to... Aspen grabbed the receipt from Zachary's hand and quickly wrote his phone number on it.

Zachary looked down at the number before smirking, "See you later," he looked down at Aspen's chest to see his name tag, "Aspen."

The man walked away from the counter, leaving Aspen with chills down his spine.

"Hey, Christina, I'm gonna go on break. Take the next customer for me?" Aspen requested.

Christina rolled her eyes but nodded anyways, "Sure Penny, but you have to take my shift tomorrow."

Aspen sighed, "Whatever." he shook his head, agreeing to the arrangement.

Outside in the alleyway, Aspen leaned against the wall and pulled out his cell phone.

"You've reached Nico, leave a message and I still won't get back to you..text me dumbass." the voicemail played against Aspen's ear.