30

Sinister nods his head and takes his seat. Ivy gulps audibly while looking away from him when suddenly he turns to face her. Their eyes makes contact with each other for merely one second.

"So Ivy. Tell us something about you." Elena smiles cheerily at Ivy. Though it seemed nothing but evil.

"T-There's nothing to k-know about me." Ivy replies in a meek tone. She nervously ducks her head down, hiding her face behind the curtain of her hair.

"Well...How was your life at orphanage?" The older woman spits out bitterly.

"Why do you want to hear it from my mouth? I think you were keeping tabs on me everyday." Now Ivy was getting angry too.

But Elena surprised her again by letting out a full blown laughter. All of a sudden, she quiets down.

"You are an ungrateful brat. I thought Greta taught you good manners."

Ivy bites her tongue to stop another remark and looks away from her. She just wants to go home, to her real family. She misses them badly.

"So any boyfriends or girlfriends?" This time there's genuine curiosity shining in Elena's eyes that looks awfully identical as Valentino and twins Alessio and Denver.

"No." Ivy answers shortly. She cannot understand why's Elena finding this need to talk to her. Like to catch up with her. She never cared when she left Ivy at orphanage. Instead she sent some freak to stab her just to give warning to her father and brothers.

"I am done. Can I be dismiss to my room?" Ivy speaks while pushing the half eaten plate of food away from her.

"Right. Good night Ivy." Elena smiles that same smile again. Ivy wastes no other second to stand up on her feet and spuns on her heels to march straight to her traumatizing-pink-room.

The whole night Ivy spends while tossing and twisting. She could not sleep. Her mind was on alert for some reason.

The previous image of Sinister taking lives of someone plays repeatedly in front of her eyes. His cold gray eyes are unforgiving and holds many mysteries. Cruel mysteries.

Ivy has no urge to bond with these stepbrothers of her. They're all crazy in their own unique way but Vikram is somewhat nice or maybe tolerable.

The next morning Ivy makes her way outside. There are heavy bags already forming under her eyes. She's restless.

Within few seconds, she finds herself standing in the garden just admiring the early morning sunrays.

She heads towards the swimming pool and she's just considering to dip her feet in when suddenly she's forcibly pushed into the cold, freezing water.

"Good morning ugly." Hayden greets her with a fake smile playing on his lips.

His brows furrows in surprise when Ivy starts to struggle underwater.

"You don't know how to swim?" He tilts his head curiously.

"No shit sherlock!" Jayden bonks his head and dives into the water.

He easily grabs Ivy's flailing form and drags her towards the surface. Within other second she passed out in fear.

Jayden grunts while laying her down on the floor. He checks her pulse.

"Is she already dead?" Hayden scratches the back of his head.

"Mother will have your head if that happen really soon."

Jayden answers while giving her chest compression few times. Few moments later, her eyes snaps open while coughing out a good amount of water.

She's shivering badly due to the sudden freezing cold and terror of what happened earlier.

"You crazy." She whisper, pointing her glaring eyes at Hayden who's giving her his famous fake smile.

"I am glad that you are up, ugly."

She wraps her arms around herself and slowly pulls her body to stand up. Her lungs are hurting with each breath she took.

"Thank you." She mumbles to Jayden and march past them, straight inside the mansion.

Just today and tomorrow. Then she will be away from these bunch of crazy psychos.

Hayden's character is inspired by someone I know. I have no best relationship with him...He's rude and just straight up crazy. So I kinda relate how's Ivy feeling now...😭

Get early access to the completed book on Patreon. Link's in my profile...