his plus one

Mulai dari awal

i join drew in the lobby of the hotel but stop in my tracks when i catch a glimpse of him.

he's wearing a full black suit but he's holding the suit's jacket on his shoulder, showing off his white shirt and a gorgeous waistcoat.

he noticed me staring at him and comes my way smirking.

but his smiles quickly disappears when it's his turn to notice my outfit.

he slowly blinks and by the time he joins my side, his mouth is slightly open, looking me up and down.

he swallows hard when his eyes find mine.

"y/n- fuck you look- you look incredible" he admits, one of his hand instinctively dropping to my waist, pulling me close.

yeah we're best friends lol

"you look really good too" i let him know, slightly adjusting his tie.

he looks down at my hands on his tie and when he looks back up at me i can tell he's having an internal conflict with his emotions.

when his gaze gets too heavy i back out and bring us back to reality. once again.

"is the car there?" i ask looking around to not face his disappointment at my diversion.

listen, i know, i'm a coward. i don't actually know how to get things further than flirting but it'll have to be enough for now.

"um- it's already there we should get going" he replies, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

he opens the car door for me and i get in. he follows right after and sits next to me.

im starting to get anxious at the fact that i maybe made things uncomfortable but as if he could sense it, he places his hand on mine on my lap. squeezing it a little bit.

when i look up at him he's already looking down with a soft smile on his face.

we're almost there and drew has been begging me to walk the red carpet with him. You would think we would've talked about this earlier but he said he thought it was obvious that he wanted to walk with me.

"drew that's insane i'm not ready for this" i tell him, wide eyes.

"cmonnn it's gonna be amazing and i really wanna have pics with you" he pleads and his confession makes me blush.

"that's really sweet honey but i get really anxious when there's too much attention on me" i admit and he places a reassuring hand on my cheek.

"just hold me hand. I promise i'll be by your side the whole time. i swear you won't ever be alone" he says.

"don't be ridiculous they'll definitely prefer pictures of you alone and then i'll be left alone. Where do i even go then? Do i just stay on the side?? but then that's just awkward! They don't even know who i am they're gonna shove me away so quick and-"

he stops my ramble with a soft kiss on the forehead. I close my eyes at the feeling and place my palm on his hand that stayed on my cheek.

"I'll be there the whole time. Trust me on that one. And if they really want pics of me alone, my manager's gonna also be there and i promise that she's gonna take good care of you" he says honestly.

"you sure?" i reply softly because his face so close to mine that i don't want to break the intimacy.

"i'm sure. And if it gets too much for you i'm leaving the carpet with you." he reassures me. "okay?" he asks.

"okay" i nod.

just on cue the car stops and someone opens the door for us.

"here goes nothing" i say, stepping out of the car after him.