Chapter 6 - Outcast

Buzz once again was running but from fear and judgement. He looked back to see the silhouette of his dearest friend who stood a dark figure in the bright bathroom. Buzz tore his eyes from the sight and continued running, he ran until his legs felt like jelly, until his eyes feel raw and sore, until he could only stop because if he kept going, he would pass out and cry.

Finally Buzz settled under a large tree, flowers bloomed over him and he could only sit down and try his best not to worry about what would come next. The calm breeze of the flowers made the man less tense and soon he found himself losing consciousness and he fell into a deep sleep.

Waking up, Buzz found himself in an awkward position and his muscles whined about the stupid choice he made before he fell asleep. Blinking the bright moonlight away from his eyes alongside his sleep, Buzz stretched and pulled himself up from the tree.

A loud cough caught Buzz's attention as he looked around before his eyes settled on the familiar stance of a certain cowboy. Buzz's head went numb as he could only watch Woody slowly walk up the confused spaceman.

'Woody– What are you doing here?' Buzz blurted, still in shock about the cowboy. 'To look for you stupid.' Woody replied while he rolled his chestnut eyes.

'You need to leave now.' Buzz angrily spoke, rage filling him like a dark void of empty space. Woody seem unphrased by the sudden change of the man as he looked at the man eye-to-eye.

'Buzz...' A sigh came from Woody's mouth. After a minute of silence and plain staring, Woody finally opens his mouth to speak his words. 'Buzz I am in love with you.' Wood finally finished, his eyes glancing down at his shoes.

Buzz's eyes almost pop out of his skull as his jaw dropped, in oblivious shock that his best friend had romantic feelings for him. The idea of Woody actually romantically liking men, Buzz always suspected Woody was homophobic for how many slurs he said in a day.

'I... I...' Buzz's mouth moved, almost unconsciously. 'You cant...' Buzz finished, his eyes also looking at the floor as tears filled his blue eyes.

'Why?! Why not?!' Woody said, regret in his eyes that made Buzz almost flinch.

'Because... I'm... I'm a vampire.' Buzz mumbled, loud enough for Woody to hear. Woody shifted by him as shame hit Buzz like a truck. Buzz felt his eyes shift and his teeth grow, he felt uncomfortable, different. Like an Outcast.

After minutes of silence, giggling was interrupted the spaceman. It was loud and clear and Buzz's eyes shifted to Woody as he chuckled and laughed to himself, Buzz's eyes wide and upset as he stood in a stupor in front of his friend.

'Buzz!! Buzz my man, I have something to show you.' Woody told Buzz, a new born determination in his eyes.

From the overcast of the trees and from the flowering tree, a long casted, full moon stuck the horizon and hit the sky. Buzz watched the extraordinary sight as Woody howled, identical to any dog's cries. The space man watched as fur covered the cowboy and a tail grew, the clothes torn and loose on the now, werewolf man.

Buzz felt his eyes tear up with more tears and he shifted to hug his furry friend, receiving a hug back from the awkward position he put the wolf in. Holding each other's embrace under the tree, a breeze lifted the sky and a wave of flowers flew alongside new born love.