Protogen - Rip-Cord

The first protogen to have achieved god-status through sheer power, will, and Boson-Energy. He was the one that gave up his life in the fight against Divento, being ripped apart and buried on the planet, which he has since been extracted from the ruined city by Render and given a proper burial once he was handed over to Mason and the Divine Institute.

Mason and Ja'Kle both took it upon themselves to dig a grave by themselves to honor the protogen's sacrifice, and he now rests easy on a distant mountainside, with a plaque detailing his life, and memorializing him forever.

"A friend and teammate in life, a god in death. May he rest in peace. Rip-Cord"

The grave sits atop a mountain in the distance, the tallest for miles around, gently powdered in snow. A large statue of the protogen stands tall, shield at the ready and a hand outstretched to the Institute. The statue of the protector, of the god.

Although scattered across the universe now, all the members of The Divine Intervention came by the Divine Institute to mourn Rip-Cord's death fully, now there wasn't a threat to the universe. They each left their offerings atop the monument, and they each helped build the graveyard behind Rip-Cord, where the rest of the Divine Interventions casualties lay.

Fallout was the one, and the only one, to dig their graves and put them to rest.

And now, Rip-Cord stands tall as the protector of his team, hands forever outstretched in warmth, and his shield at the ready to protect the rest of his fallen team.

In life a protector, in death a god

********

Info on Rip-Cord

Info on Rip-Cord

Rip-Cord - "The Protector"

Height - 2.0 Meters (6'7 feet)

Weapon Name - Rapture

The weapon that was Rip-Cords, now having a legendary status and causing numerous guardians to choose a shield as their weapon of choice. A nigh-impenetrable shield of a metal compound, the weapon can extend serrated blades out from the edges of the blade and it spirals in a circular pattern.

With its status as a god's weapon, it was buried with Rip-Cord in his grave on The Ancient birthplace. Many new protogen guardians with claws as their weapons chose a shield similar to Rapture as their preferred weapon choice.

Artists Notes

So, Rip-Cord!

I apologize for not writing a short story for this one. I wanted to write something about the afterlife of FR's world, but I feel like if I explain how it works it would lose its mystique, one of the few things in that world I've not delved into. And honestly, I think I'll keep it that way.

Now, as for Rip-Cord himself! His name comes from, well, ripping like cord out on something like a Chainsaw. I know ripcord itself is a cord that is pulled to open a parachute, but hey, whatever. Plus, I also got it from an Imagine Dragons song, "Whatever it takes".

I originally wasn't going to do much with Rip-Cords character, but right around when the second arc started I started really imagining what his power could do, and came up with a "supremove" for like of a better word, called Planetary Torsion. Splitting the planet in half by rotating it's tectonic plates.

Didn't exactly write it like that, but yeah! Once I thought of that I started to set up for that inevitability. And I originally wanted him to live! Just out of commission, but I thought it would be more impactful, and realistic, if some members did die even after Fallout's trauma happened. So... that happened.

Still I believe it's some of my best writing, I need to reread it because oh my god I absolutely loved how I wrote it. I was going around talking with some of my friends about how awesome it sounded. Probably sounded very pretentious but oh well ^^'

Anyways, apologies for no short story once again, but I've been really busy lately, and I'm working on two separate long stories at the same time, plus just general life stuff. Regardless! I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope I did justice with his ref sheet!

From - Factory Reset: Divine Corruption

Credit for weapon design goes to AlwaysConcerned