15. surprise visit

Start from the beginning

"So when did this start? Love? Be sure not to miss out on details, okay?"

Sage cleared his throat then started narrating everything. He felt like it was his responsibility so he took the initiative to do so. Of course, he left out some details.

Alex sat beside him uncomfortably. Her mom finding out about them is not what's bothering her. She already had a boyfriend before and her parents kept mum about it. But her mom finding out about their setup is what bothered her. She doesn't know if they're cool with it.

She also knows that her mom would break this news and immediately tell her dad and Sage's mom about them. As a result, she would be teased every time they have a chance. But on the other hand, she's finally happy that their parents know about them and that's what's most important, the rest is irrelevant for now.

After hearing the story, Mrs. Kim asked Sage to buy her favorite brand of tea at the supermarket nearby. She didn't say anything about what she found out.

When Sage left, Mrs. Kim immediately pinched Alex.

"I knew it! The last time I saw you two together, you were still asking about love and my hangover soup. I was wondering who could be that lucky guy. So it was Sage all along?"

"Mom, who else would it be?" Alex replied while slicing her toast.

"So... Do you now believe in my hangover soup? It's effective, right?" Mrs. Lee kept talking about her soup proudly as if her family created a masterpiece.

"But of course, there's nothing wrong in believing about the power of the soup. At the end of the day, I think, if you're not fated to be together, even if you feed him that soup every meal, it wouldn't be as effective as it should. Fate still has its own ways."

Alex eagerly listened to her mom's wisdom. She kept on showing excessive enthusiasm and wanted her to stay in the dining area as she's afraid her mom would notice another thing that would lead to another inquiry.

"I never thought you'd get out of your lazy bones and work out. But now, you even have a treadmill in your apartment! And your house is so clean, which is very unusual especially now that you're busy. Good Lord!" Her mom exclaimed after giving her an egg roll.

"Mom, I just don't have time to exercise and clean in the past but now, I wanted to be healthy because I need to work on my stamina for work." She responded after eating the egg roll on her plate.

"Just for work?" Alex almost choked with her mom's question.

"For work and daily activities... Eomma, I don't like it when I get tired immediately... It's troublesome."

"I agree. Your bones are weak, to begin with. If you don't use it often, it will only weaken more. So eat the food that I brought. I also have to remind Sage. I bet he's pampering you so much. Though I'm not complaining, it is still not good." Mrs. Lee explained as she was happily looking at Alex enjoying the meal she prepared.

She then added, "We just didn't meddle but I and your Auntie waited for a long time for the both of you to see each other as man and woman. So don't screw this, okay?"

"Eomma! Why are you so sure that I'll be the one to screw this if ever? I'm really starting to think who do you love more..."

"Stop with your drama, Alex Lee. Of course, it's you. But Sage is my favorite son. Omo! He'll officially be my son soon." Mrs. Lee became excited then added, "Act more ladylike from now on. Don't give Sage and Aira headaches. And be a good girlfriend, understood? And don't be too spoiled. It's better to have a give and take relationship."

"Sage has been pampering me ever since, even when he's still not my boyfriend, Eomma. And he's been helping me with the household chores and made it a part of his workout nowadays... He said he wants to pamper me while he still can because he's enlisting in two months."