If Only Fairy Tales were Real...

Heyy, this is gonna be a cute short story and i hope you like it :)

I was watching as the traffic light turned green from red and heard the screech of the engine, as my older sister Jazz pressed the gas pedal and started driving again. All the while, I was tapping my fingers on the dashboard of the car’s door.

            “Holly, come on! You’ve got to stop moping around. Its been how long?” Jazz asked giving me side glances once in a while.

            “A week” I mumbled, turning my head to look out the window. It was such an ugly day, the rain was pouring hard and the sky was a dull white color. If the world were to end, I would think it would be on a day like this.

            “Exactly, listen, life’s too short to be sad all the time. You wanted space to mope around. I stayed out of your sight, for a freaking weak! Now, It’s time to forget about the past, forget about him. I don’t even know what you saw in him. You could totally do so much better. And besides…” Jazz trailed off, as she noticed I stopped listening to her ramble.

            Truthfully, it didn’t matter to me that Daniel broke up with me. If it were any other guy, I would still feel the same. It’s not like I really liked him or anything. In fact, we only dated for a month. What really was bothering me was that I have no clue why he broke up with me! Was there something wrong with me? No guy ever went out with me and then when one guy finally asks me out, he breaks up with me after a month. Was I not pretty enough? Did my personality repel guys? All my other friends have had their fair share of boyfriends, but me? None, well, besides Daniel. I just didn’t get it. There must be something wrong with me, if no guys ever find interest in me!

            Sometimes I just try so hard, to get some guy’s attention, but no guys ever come talk to me. It’s frustrating, I try to look good, just for someone to notice me and no guy ever notices me in that way. I just wish for once to meet a guy that will like me. Some guy, who’ll look me in the eyes and flirt with me. I just want a boyfriend so bad, just to experience it once! But that’s not happening anytime soon apparently. I sighed.

            “Uch, stop looking so depressed! You’re making me depressed. Listen he’s just one guy, you’ll definitely meet a guy that’s 10 times better then him.” Jazz said.

            I then shot her a side glance and whispered sarcastically “sure”

            Jazz then sent me a sympathetic look and asked, “It isn’t about Daniel is it?”

            “No it’s not, but he’s a major part of it” I groaned

            “Then what’s it about?” She asked

            “It’s nothing that important, I’ll get over it soon enough” I said

            “I’m sensing, you don’t want to talk about it, but if you ever do, I'm here to listen” Jazz said

            “Thanks” I replied and that was pretty much the end of our conversation. 5 seconds later we arrived in school and Jazz parked the car. We both got out and walked together through the entrance of the school.

            Jazz shot me one last look as if to say, you can get through this and squeezed my shoulder for comfort before she turned away from me and headed toward her group of friends. I sullenly walked towards my locker, when I tripped over a shoe. Fortunately, it wasn’t one of those face planting towards the floor kind of trip but it still was embarrassing none the less.

            I looked up, to see who tripped me and my eyes fell on Jake Carter. I guess you could say he was pretty popular, with his looks he would have to be, but he was a total ass to me. Always doing these kinds of things and calling me names.

            “Watch where you’re going Holz” Jake sneered at me.

            “Sorry” I mumbled, I wasn’t in the mood to stick up for myself today. My self-esteem was at an all time low and I had no energy to get in another fight especially since, I might snap and start crying. I got up and continued my way to my locker to get my stuff.

            Once I reached my locker, I saw my friend Tori standing there with a huge smile on her face. She was always carrying a smile with her. Already I started feeling better. Who cared about boys anyways, they’re all just stupid and annoying.

            “Oh my God! I missed you like hell, Hol. Daniel’s an ass and I'm going to give him a piece of my mind the next time I see him. Are you okay?” Tori screamed as she smothered me into a hug, but what can I say, I drew comfort from her squeezing me so hard, I cant breath hugs. After all, it was Tori’s signature and over vacation, I missed her like crazy. Plus, without her around, I have nobody to cheer me up when I'm depressed.

            “Tori, stop worrying about me, will ya? It’s over and done with, who cares about him anyway huh? And holy shiz, are you freaking orange! How was the Bahamas? I’m so Jealous of you!” I screamed, hugging her back. Tori, had long, thick, shiny midnight black colored hair that cascaded down to her waist. She had big green eyes, which right now were lined with black, bringing out her tan. She has exotic features and a guitar shaped body. She was currently wearing a pastel halter-top with a white jacket over it and skinny jeans paired with 3-inch wedged shoes.

            Tori’s face broke out into a beaming smile and I could automatically tell something huge happened there. “Well, the Bahamas were awesome! And you’ll never believe who I saw!”

            “Who? Avery? Jorden? Tristen?” I asked thinking of all the possibilities. Avery was our other best friend, Jorden was this geek who had a crush on her, and Tristan was this guy she has a crush on.

            “Well, of course Avery! Our families went together. I wished you could have joined us but anyway it was the last one, Tristan. Holly, you can’t even imagine how he looked with just no shirt on, I think I'm in love. And you’ll never guess what happened!” Tori squeled

            “He asked you out!” I screamed back

            “Wow, you know me to well, yes he did and it was the most romanticist thing ever, I swear” Tori smiled, sighing at the end. I was so happy for her. She at least could get a boyfriend.

            “Well, you better tell me all-“ the bell managed to interrupt me but I continued “the details!”

            “Uch! Stupid bell, I promise I’ll tell you everything later, I have Mrs Lutz and you know how she is Monday mornings, I cant be late” She gave me a quick hug and made her way to class.

            I had Mrs. Kaymen first and she was really nice, so it was okay If I was a couple minutes late but anyway I started getting my stuff out of my locker and then making my way towards class. I passed a group of girls that I was friends with and said hey to them. I realized we all had the same class first period and joined them.

            “-belive what an ass, Randy is? Did you hear what he said to Tess?” Adelina muttered.

            “He’s an ass to everybody, I still don’t get why we sit with them at lunch. They’re soo annoying” Hayden added.

            “We don’t sit with them, they sit with us” I joined into the conversation.

            “And those secret stupid games they play about who get’s up last, first has to I don’t even know, are getting on my last nerve” Suzie complained.

We all made noises of agreement as we walked through the classroom door, right as the final bell rung signaling that first period just started.