Episode 5, Day of the Living Dead

A few days later, near Kitagawa, a severe thunderstorm causes a landslide, revealing the skull of an unidentified kaiju's rotting corpse buried underneath the mountainside. The skull is instantly drenched by the severe weather, lightning comes down and strikes the kaiju's skull six times. A red glow flickers from within both eye sockets before it flickers out just as suddenly as it appeared.

"Good morning. In today's news... At 5:23 AM earlier this morning, the body of a tremendous creature assumed to measure around sixty meters in height was discovered buried underneath a mountain near the Kitagawa Village in Shikoku. The discovery was reported to the police by a local resident. Haruko will say more about this discovery later by 10 AM."

Later that morning, the Pointer speeds down an empty road in Shikoku, having orders to investigate the kaiju corpse by Captain Kiriyama. Suddenly, a pale man steps onto the road in a drunk-like manner, and because of the speed the Pointer was traveling, they weren't able to stop the car in time, hitting the pale man.
Worried they might've accidentally killed the guy, Moroboshi and Takuma step out of the Pointer and rush to the man, shaking him.

"Hey! Hey! Are you okay?"

"He's sweating quite alot..."

Moroboshi puts two fingers on the pale man's sweaty neck, there's no pulse. "He's... dead."

Takuma seems to catch a strange, unfamiliar scent coming from the man's body.
"Hey, Moroboshi. Do you smell that..?" Moroboshi looks at him, confused. "Smell... what, Takuma?" Moroboshi eventually catches the smell in question a second later. "Hm... let's bring this guy to headquarters-let Anne analyze the body." Takuma nods in agreement before they pick up the man's body and carry him to the Pointer, putting him in the backseat before they also get in the car.

The Pointer makes a u-turn and drives back to the Far East Base.
Moroboshi and Takuma enter the morgue and over to an empty cot which is next to one with a body under the mortuary sheets, they fold open the mortuary sheets. Anne is surprised to see them do something that abrupt without explanation and puts her clipboard down.
"Guys? What are you two doing in here back at the base so early? Wait, is it another one?" Anne says.

"Hold on.. another one?" Takuma asks, confused. "Yeah... we got the guy in the cot next to you from a hospital. They said he crashed his vehicle into a shop in Tokushima, and as far as his loved ones know, he left the Kitagawa Village an hour or so before that." Anne answers.

Four TDF members bring in the new body and carefully lay him on the empty cot.

"Well, could you help with this one as well, Anne? He walked right in front of the Pointer when we were driving to Kitagawa and.... well.. you know. His movements looked... sluggish and-" Moroboshi tries to explain before Takuma cuts him off. "And zombie-like from how I saw it."

"Y-Yeah. That's a more simple way to put it." Moroboshi comments.

"Alright, Dan. Will do." Anne responds to Moroboshi's request. Soon, the two leave the morgue as Anne begins her analysis.

Later that day, the news reporter Haruko arrives at the scene, police have set up caution tape around the perimeter. He, and the cameraman step out the news van and walk over to the mountainside where the dead kaiju was discovered.

Haruko prepares himself to speak.
"...annnd... we're on." The cameraman says.

Haruko looks at the camera.
"I am reporting from from the scene."

"Just a couple hours ago at 5:23 in the morning, a local resident of Kitagawa stumbled upon this..." Haruko looks at the corpse in disgust, resisting the urge to puke. "Bleugh... quite disgusting discovery on the mountainside."