fifteen

Alexander Sterling POV

I got out of my car and threw my coffee cup on the floor. Instantly my body guard picked it up. Good Marco. I tuck my hand into my pocket and looked up. The sun was not even peeking yet. It was very early.

There had been an emergency meeting called by my Mafia group. I wasn't supposed to know about it but my mole told me. I didn't want to go but I knew I had to be there to keep an eye on business. There have been some nasty uprising under me and I suspect my mother to be behind it. The mafia belongs to her but in Korea she runs a mega business that actually feeds off the works I do here. I'm the boss but she's the real boss. Kim Yuna is a scary woman. "Boss, the meeting has started" my body guard told me and showed the text he had just received from my mole.

I went into the building. It was a private middle school building, one of our cover-ups and I went to the room where they were meeting, the principal's office. I heard Maxwell Hunt's voice. He sounded upset. "Which one of you did it?!" He shouted. "That number was a very personal number, no one but five of you that are here has gotten that number ever before" he continued shouting. "Let's try tracking the number..." Someone suggested, "you think I haven't tried already? How dumb do you think I am?" Maxwell asked and I entered.

"Boss..." Everyone stood to their feet in shock. "A meeting behind my back. Since when did Maxwell get to have enough power to summon my very own subjects?" I asked and instantly Maxwell went on his knees. Wise man. You're still going to get killed anyways. "Boss, I got a death threat and I didn't want to bother you with something so minute" he said, still on his knees.

I went to the principal seat and sat down. "It wasn't a death threat, it was a death promise" I said and everyone in the room started to mumble. "Boss, I have served you for so long...what did I do wrong?" Maxwell asked and I sighed. "Cardia Colson. Dark skin, curly hair, wears glasses. What do you know about her?" I asked and he frowned like he was trying to remember. "Oh, she was my girlfriend's kid" he said, "what about her sir?" He asked. "Where's your girlfriend?" I asked and he got off his knees and stood up. "Last I heard, she died. What about her boss?" He asked and I smirked because the bone headed fool still did not know what I was pointing at.

"The child was shot" I said and his eyes widened. "Her mother poisoned by the boyfriend" I said and he kept shut, "the girl was abused by her mother's boyfriend" I said and he chuckled nervously. "Boss it wasn't me, I would never..." He started to lie and I got angry, There was nothing I hated more than liars. "Marco" I called and Marco entered the room and took Marco by the hand, pinning it to his back. "What the hell!" Maxwell screamed in pain.

"You broke the rules" I said and he screamed, "why would you believe a little brat over me? She's a little lying fox boss" I screamed and I stood up, I went to him and punched his face. Making sure to draw blood from him. "That little lying fox is my daughter" I said and he gasped. "No way" he hissed, "she is my daughter, my flesh and blood. You hurt my daughter" I said and punched him again and he started to laugh manically.

"You're making a mistake boss" he said and kept on laughing. "The only mistake I'll be making right now is the mistake of letting you go alive" I said and brought out my gun. "ENOUGH!" A woman's voice boomed from the speaker that I didn't notice was there and I turned to see my mother's face of the tablet screen. I didn't know she was on the phone with them. I was shocked to see her and I looked at Maxwell who was still laughing in spite of his bloodied face. The bastard was getting on my nerves. He knew I wouldn't be able to harm him with my mother in the room. He was one of her 'valuables' as she calls those that made large profits for her.

"A daughter?" She asked and I nodded. Instantly she switched to Korean. "Where is she?" She asked and I replied in Korean, "she's at school... I only found out about her some days ago" I said and she frowned, "you stupid boy. How much more useless can you be? I want a SON not a daughter from you. Get rid of her. When Min Young comes to you in the next year, you must make sure she gets pregnant and gives birth to your son, I don't want any stupid mistake getting in the way" she said, reminding me of the lady she forced me to get pregnant. Min Young was pregnant with a girl but my mother forced her to abort and this had happened twice already. Min Young is going through more pain that I can imagine.

My mother's goal is simple. I should have a son with Min Young so she can train my son to produce a suitable heir for her..she wanted to get rid of any trace of my father's side. I was only a puppet while she was the queen. "Mother, Cardia is..." I stopped talking, "I said get rid of her, if she's not gone by the month end. I will come and take her myself. You know what I'm capable of" she said and ended the call.

None of the other men understands Korean but no one was stupid enough to not understand what just happened. Maxwell continued to laugh and I shot him in his shoulder. "Arghhh!" He screamed, "let's go Marco" I said and left the room. Enjoying the sound of his screaming.

Cardia's POV

In the morning I woke up in my own bed and I stretched happily before realizing that I had overslept. "Oh no" I muttered and quickly got ready for school. I ran downstairs and met Juanita. "You! Get over here" she said and I went to her. "how dare you skip dinner" she said, waving her spatular at my face. "I-" I wanted to explain myself but she dragged me to the seat and started to serve me food that was enough to feed two people. "Eat" she ordered and I gulped. "But..." I started to protest and she shook her head. "Eat" she ordered and I was forced to obey.

After eating I went to school. "Cardi" Emma enveloped me in a hug, it was as if she was waiting for me in the packing lot. "I heard about yesterday, Chelsea and I were so carried away that we left the hallway without you. I swear we are both sorry" she spoke in a rush and I laughed. "I'm not mad at you" I said and she sighed, "thank you so much. Chelsea was ashamed that's why she didn't come with me" Emma explained and I nodded. "it's okay" I said and we both went to class. It was dance class. Oh no.

The first thing I did was to find Chelsea and reassure her that I wasn't mad at them. She was so happy when I told her that. "Go to your dance partner from the last class" the teacher ordered and I looked at Chelsea, "You can't dance with Elijah" she stated the obvious. "I can't" I said and she sighed, "let's switch. I'll dance with him..." Emma said and we all agreed.

After the dance class, all the students poured out of the class, I was picking my bag when someone tapped me. I turned and saw Elijah. "Hi" I said shyly. "Why didn't you dance with me?" He asked and I shook my head. He placed his hand on my cheek. I understood his gesture, "I think I like you more than I should" he said and I froze. I didn't know what to say as he came closer to me.

Elijah Woods wants to kiss me?!

******
😁
Comment please