9. weight

I looked at Matty, his head was resting in my lap. We were both sitting on one of Adam and Erin's sofas. We had been like it for about twenty minutes, and he hadn't spoken, so I had thought he was asleep.

"Adam and Eve." Ross giggled childishly, pushing his face into Amelia's shoulder, covering his face with her long blonde hair. She laughed loudly, suddenly almost choking on the rum and RedBull she was sipping.

"Sorry, babe." Ross mumbled, fanning his fingers through her flowing hair gently. She shook her head.

"S' fine." She leaned forward and pressed a kiss against his lips.

The music had gotten progressively quieter throughout the night, and now the relaxing hum coming from the speakers was starting to lull me into an uncomfortable sleep.

George was sitting across from me on the floor next to Adam. He smiled at me a little as my eyelids began to droop. I smiled back.

"You okay?" I mouthed to him, he nodded his head sleepily and yawned, reaching up and stretching his arms.

I tangled my fingers in Matty's hair softly and watched as George's face fell. We had been ignoring each other almost all night. I didn't think anyone noticed, we rarely spoke to each other after the accident anyway, everyone had just grown used to it, probably thinking that I was exceptionally pissed off because he crashed the van, messing my boyfriend's head up as well as injuring all three of us, which I was, in a way.

George made eye contact with me and I shook my head.

I wanted to leave.

I wanted to leave, but Matty was a dead weight on top of me and I could hardly wake him up and drag him out of Hann's flat, so I shut my eyes and tried to force myself into an uncomfortable sleep, which was near impossible knowing that someone was staring directly at you.

--

George's POV

Lizzy was asleep, she had doubled over onto Matty's sleeping body.

They were happy.

John had left, and so had Ross and Amelia, and Hann and Erin had gone into their room, leaving me with Lizzy and Matty.

I was slowly ruining Lizzy and I had already ruined Matty.

She stirred slightly, moving her head and making Matty grumble in his sleep with utmost annoyance. I smiled a little, it was painful, but I guess they were in love, and that's what love is. Someone always gets hurt.

As if on queue, my phone buzzed in the pocket of my jeans. I sighed and took it out, surprisingly unsurprised when Kelsey's name popped up on the screen. I sighed.

'Hey, I know it's late, but do you wanna come over? x K'

I glanced up at atty and Lizzy on the sofa in front of me and frowned when an almost obnoxiously loud moan came from Adam and Erin's room, Christ, had they even shut the door?

'Sure.' I replied, instantly hating myself.

--