「a sadistic reputation」

"we're hooooooome!"

"we're hooooooome!"

asmo burst through the door of the house, with the rest of his brothers and you panting. after you and mammon had strolled around tokyo for a bit, lucifer had texted the entire group chat to "come back home now, or else there will be consequences."

"i still can't believe lucifer caught us." asmo dramatically sighed. "i thought we snuck out without making any racket!"

"yeah, well, lucifer somehow knows everythin'." mammon mumbled.

"ooh, by the way, y/n!" asmo walked over to you and handed you what appeared to be a few slices of cake as well as other pastries in a small, clear container.

"luke wanted to give these to you~!" asmo said.

"my son... is too precious..." you whispered out, taking the container from asmo and staring at it as if it were a sacred object.

"simeon also says sorry for not talking to you much, but he's gonna text you more and he said that he was happy to see you." levi chimed in, a pout still visible on his face.

"what about barbie toes and monsolo?" you asked, with beel answering your question this time.
"barbatos just said that he was pleased to see that you made it here safe and sound, and solomon... didn't say anything."

"wow, i'm so hurt!" you said in a mock-sorrowful voice, playfully clutching at your shirt.

"what's with all the racket going on in here?" said a firm, stern voice. you saw the brothers' looks of joy turn into ones of fear, and you quickly swiveled around to find lucifer standing at the foot of the staircase.

"heeeey, lucifer!" you smiled nervously. lucifer raised his eyebrows at you before replying, "hello, y/n. looks like we meet once again."

"yeahhhhh!" you chuckled before slowly approaching him. you heard mammon gasp, but you ignored it.

"sooooo... done with your... work?" you asked cautiously. lucifer was staring at you intensely, and it made you feel slightly uncomfortable.

"i am done, yes. for once, i can catch a break." lucifer sighed. "or maybe not, with the mischief that my brothers are pulling."

asmo giggled, and lucifer shook his head and sighed.

"don't sneak out ever again. i was all over the house, looking for you for at least half an hour." lucifer said. "i'm lucky that satan didn't know, or else he would have worsened the situation."

"how?" you asked curiously. "i mean, i know he hates you, but-"
lucifer gazed at you intensely again, and you wavered under his stare.
"oops... probably shouldn't have said that. hehe."

"anyways," lucifer continued, "i had to pause my work, although i knew that all of you had snuck out."

"how did ya even find out?!" mammon asked lucifer, and lucifer's eyes narrowed.

"you guys texted the group chat on yumihiki. you told barbatos that you lot were going to be visiting him, along with y/n."

"oops..." levi chuckled nervously while mammon gave him a death stare.

lucifer smiled. "even though you arrived on time, i still believe that there should be consequences... starting with you, levi."

"WHY ME FIRST?!" levi yelled. "MAMMON SHOULD BE PUNISHED FIRST-"

"SHUT UP, LEVI!" mammon roared.

"enough." lucifer said over the chaos. although he had said it in a somewhat low voice, his tone carried an edge of venom. levi and mammon immediately stopped bickering, still shooting each other indignant glances.

"so, levi..." lucifer said, and levi gulped.
"...you and mammon will both clean the entire house. make sure to dust the tables, there shouldn't be a speck of dust left in any corner of the house."

lucifer turned to asmo. "i believe that this is also a job suitable for you, asmo."

"WHY?" asmo whined. "i don't want dust or dirt on my beautiful body!"

"too bad." lucifer grimaced.

"beel," lucifer said and beel perked up, "...you won't have any dessert for the next... let's see... let's make it three days, shall we?"

"why?" beel said, sighing. "maybe i can handle it... it's not too bad of a punishment..."

"y/n." lucifer said, and you jolted up.
"i'm gonna get punished too, even though i'm not even a part of your family?!"

"you are, now. according to my brothers." replied lucifer. you didn't have time to process what he had just said before he spoke up again.

"...let's see. ah, you shall not talk to any of my brothers while they're carrying their punishments out. if i catch you, you will face far worse consequences. do i make myself clear?"

"you sound like a cranky old man." you muttered under your breath.
somehow, lucifer had heard you, and he loomed over you, his gaze and tone stern.

"do i make myself clear?" he repeated firmly.

"YEAH, YEAH YOU DO!" you shouted.

"lucifer's so sadistic... it scares me..." levi wailed, and mammon nodded in agreement.

"that's kind of charming, though!" asmo smirked. the smile on his face was wiped off when lucifer directed his fear-inducing gaze towards him instead.

you sighed and quickly checked the time on your phone before realizing that you had several missed calls and multiple messages from your guardian.

"come back home. now."

"um... lucifer, i won't even be able to talk with your brothers right now since i gotta go... back home." you smiled nervously. "i gotta skedaddle! bye bye, everyone!"

you rushed out of the house before anyone had a chance to reply, grimacing at the fact that you were about to receive two punishments in one day.