Prologue

Son of Tyche

by Son of Tyche

Chapter 1
Las Vegas. The city of sin. It is a place that many people use as a chance to just get away from the boring parts of society, because there, people like to think of rules as a suggestion instead of a guideline. There is especially one thing it is famous for and one thing that always gets your blood pumping, gambling. It is something that can make or break people and it always just depends on luck. So it is no surprise to see the goddess of luck entering a casino.

3rd person

Tyche, the goddess of luck and chance, strolls down the small crowded walk way of a casino. She has dark black hair and soft green eyes. She gets the attention of many men and even some women with the perfect figure and she loves it. She can feel the power flowing to her. Most gods and goddess aren't worshiped anymore and most are barely even remembered. Because of this they are weakening in power; they are now so weak that they are lucky if they are three fourths of what they were. But not her. Whether it is a joke or because they truly believe in her the mortals never stopped praying to her. She could hear them ever since she was revealed to the world. "Please bring me luck" or "please bless this roll/hand" they say. Just these simple words uttered in her name brings her power. Mortals refuse to believe that some god can create storms or earthquakes because they believe that science is responsible, but luck is too much a mystery for anything to control it other than a being of higher power.

She move passed a statue of what is supposed to be her, of course it looks nothing like her, but it is flattering none the less, and stopped. The power in her is filling passed the brim now and it is fluctuating. This has never happened to a god before, none of them have ever gotten so much power that they feel like they are going to explode.

She quickly flashes to her small house on Olympus, because "minor" gods don't get palaces, and starts to glow. The furniture in her house goes flying away and the winds start to pick up. A light that that even Apollo couldn't handle comes out of her and the pain becomes unbearable for her. She needs to get the power out somehow, so she focuses on a spot that's clear in the house and release and huge chuck of her power. The glow that surrounded her body now moves with her beam of power and illuminates the room. When the light dies down the last thing she was expecting is there where her beam hit.

It's a baby

One that looks just like her. She was never one for children, while she wasn't a maiden goddess by far she just never wanted to bring a kid into the world and the pregnancy test is always negative with luck on your side.

She moves closer to the child and picks it up for the first time. It is not a normal child by far. It holds no blood no organs or anything on the inside. She knows it can still feel things like emotions or can think through things even with the absence of a brain and it is peculiar to her. She looks closer and sees something that has never happen to any being before. Her child is made out of pure power, more specifically her power over luck. Things he will be able to do when he grows up will be amazing. He will not even need skill because luck will always favor him, because he is literally luck. It will be amazing and she knows he will bring her and the "minor" gods the respect they truly deserve. She knows she won't be able to take care of him, so she needs to find a good place for him to stay where he will be made not to be a hero, but respectable.

"Come Perseus, let's get you started on your adventure".

Percy Pov (age 8)

All my life things just seem to happen in my favor. When I was four I found a lottery tick on the subway and won at least 2 million dollars or how every time I call a coin flip it's always right. But the best thing without a doubt is my adopted mom, Sally Jackson. She is so cool and nice I got so lucky in having her adopt me. But recently my luck has taken a huge turn.

Recently mom was diagnosed with cancer and we were in New York visiting a specialist to get help, we normally live in Los Angeles, but we've been living here for at least a year. Nothing the doctors did worked though. On our last visit she was sent home because there was nothing left they could do.

Now she just sits in her room and tries to console me when I break down at the thought of losing her.

Now I'm in her room because she says she's too weak to get up today.

"Percy, my time is coming", she rasps out.

I shake my head and try to deny it, but even I can tell she is close to dying. "I love you Percy always remember that".

"I love you too mom, I'll miss you".

I wait for her to respond, but I can already see the life leave her brown eyes. That's all it takes for the dam of my emotions to break. I sob so hard I can feel my self-drifting into sleep.

I come to in what looks like a huge white room. With a woman at the other side of it. She has black hair and green eyes. Everything about her looks very similar to me.

"Hello my child it is great to finally meet you, my name is Tyche and I'm the goddess of luck."

She sounds like an angel and I feel so happy at the sound of her- Wait did she just say my child and also did she say goddess? As is reading my thoughts she smiles and me and seems to make two chairs appear out of thin air and says "sit we have a lot to talk about". She goes on to explain to me about how the Greek gods are real and that most myths including them are too. When she talks about me being her child I want to feel mad at her for not being there for me, but I just can't I'm so happy that I'm meeting my real mom that I forgive her instantly.

"It's time for you to be included in our world Percy and to do it you are going to have to go out in the world to train and survive are you ready for this", she says softly to me like any caring mother would.

"My adoptive mom just died a little while ago and I don't know what to do without her so I think it's time I did this", I say in a determined yet slightly frightened voice.

She smiles at me and says "good then there will be a surprise waiting for you when you wake up, good bye my son", she say in a happy tone. I see her slowly walk to me and she kisses my head then the dream slowly fades away.

When I finally come to I'm in an alleyway in what seems like a busy street in New York. I groggily stand and notice that there is a backpack on me. When I open inside there is a phone that has a jackpot game on the screen, a bunch of money, a whole lot of food, and wait look like gold or bronze coins. Me being a curious guy I take the phone out and see there is two slots on the game than the normal three. I hit the button and the machine starts to spin. The symbols on the inside move so fast and there are so many that I can't then what they are. The machine on the phone slows and stops at a picture of what looks like a thunder storm and a cyclone combined and another that looks like a bow. Out of nowhere the phone starts to glow so much that I have to look away. When it finally dies down in my hand is a black metal-like bow and a large pouch of quivers on my back. So that's what the bow symbol meant, but what did the lightning mean. Almost out of instinct I raise my hand and see sparks or electricity come out of my fingertips.

One thought runs through my mind as I hit the symbol that seems to reset the phone and I walk in toward the busy streets of New York, this is going to be one interesting adventure.

AN: If you like this story please keep up looking for a new update and throw me a follow while your at it. I have big plans for this story and I hope for the best.