26

Bryan looked so cute. I decided I should text my mom and invite her. All she did was reply, "Happy birthday, sweetheart! Love you! XoXo!" I guess when I don't need to visit her, she doesn't want to visit me. I heard Bryan turn on the radio. I clicked off my phone, and went back to holding his hand. I saw him smile and I let out a little giggle. Bryan looked at me and I shook my head. I knew we were close to the restuarant because Bryan slowed down even slower, and he clicked on the directional signal. First turn he made since we started driving there.

"Okay babe, we're here." Bryan said.

"We are?"

I recognized the place. I had my 4th birthday in here. Great service and great food. They even had a chocolate fountain, which was great for me on that birthday, until I went over to it and poured it on my little white dress. Bryan took my hand and we walked in. Bryan said he made a reservation. The hostess asked for his name.

"It's under the last name, Reynolds." Bryan said.

"Reynolds, Reynolds, ah, table for two, privacy in the back? Special birthday? Very nice." The hostess had a very annoying accent, followed by an even more annoying laugh. At first, she was trying to flirt with my Bryan, then she noticed us holding hands, and it seemed to stop. I giggled at this and Bryan looked at me, questioning. I mouthed to him I would tell him later. He nodded his head.

When we sat down, the hostess handed us menus. She smiled at Bryan and gave me a dirty look. I didn't mind. I had my boyfriend, my birthday dinner, my beautiful new dress and new shoes. My beautiful bracelet. I couldn't of been happier tonight.

"I noticed you're still wearing the bracelet I gave you." Bryan said, I looked up and he was smiling into his menu.

"Always. It's never left my wrist." I laughed.

"That's not necessarily true, you never wear it in the shower."

"Oh, you're right. I'm sorry, babe."

"Don't worry baby, I only noticed because, well..." Bryan trailed off. "I wash you, don't I?" he whispered.

"Yeah, and I...." I trailed off. "Wash you." I whispered.

A waitress came over and took our orders. Bryan ordered a coke, a steak medium-rare and fries. I ordered a coke, a plate of chicken parmesan with a small bowl of spaghetti and fries on the side, we waited until she left before we spoke again.

"Hungry?" Bryan asked, with that adorable half smile. It had been a while since he did that.

"Starved." I laughed. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure babe. What's on your mind?"

"The presents in the back of your car, you didn't have to get me anything. Why did you get me some stuff?"

"It's your sixteenth birthday, I wanted to make it special. You can open your presents when we're home." Bryan winked.

What was he up to?

The waitress brought us our drinks and our meals within the hour. I would try to talk to Bryan, but Bryan would have a mouth full of food. Bryan would try to talk to me, but someone would walk by. The waitress came back about an hour later, she asked if we were done with our meals and we agreed. She took our plates and came back with the bill. We collected our things, Bryan left a tip, and then we paid. The hostess gave us our change and we left. We went to Bryan's car, Bryan unlocked the passenger side, walked around the back of the car and I unlocked his door for him. He appreciated that.

Bryan drove away from the restuarant, he'd look at me every now and then, but I'd be looking at him the whole time. I can't remember when my eyes were on the road in front of me or on my phone in my hand. I clicked my phone on and I had a message from my mom. My mom said how on Saturday, when I came to visit, she would celebrate my birthday with me because she knew that Bryan wanted to have a private dinner. I texted her back saying that Saturday sounded great, I thanked her, said I loved her, sent the message and clicked my phone off. I went back to looking at Bryan, we were halfway home and he looked at me, he smiled and so did I. He went back to looking at the road.

I looked at the bracelet Bryan had gotten me, still looked brand new. It became clear to me that I didn't know his birthday. What if it already passed? What kind of girlfriend am I? I decided I would wait until after we got home and after I opened his gifts to ask him about his birthday. I knew I couldn't avoid the subject any further and I clicked on my phone. I still had the messages from Lucy. I immediately deleted them, and then I deleted her out of my contacts. I don't have to worry about her anymore, I thought. It was over. It was just me and Bryan tonight. I didn't need anyone else tonight. No I did not.

We pulled up to Bryans front door. He gave me his keys, told me to lock the car while he got my presents. Bryan then said to leave the front door open and head on upstairs, take a shower if I needed to.