"What you do isn't a job, Shivaay" Gauri giggled. "it's practically just chilling in a position you were handed." She had never been one to hold back her insults, so Shivaay just clenched his fist and hoped her father's business goes bust as he always did.

"Gauri beta, he is trying hard. I hope your father knows that." Kalyani interjected as she rubbed Gauri's arm up and down with affection.

"Of course I know Dadi. Dad's been telling me that he will give him a promotion soon. Well as soon as he learns to actually do his job."

"Your Dad isn't the boss of me." Shivaay finally snapped at Gauri. He hated her because of this particular habit of hers. Just throwing in her Father's name around to boss his family. Her Father was practically their business' saviour who had stopped them from going bankrupt a few years ago. So, all the elders were basically her slaves.

Even now, Kalyani quickly glared at him and placated Gauri. "He's just tired from work, that's all. Go freshen up Shivaay."

"But I wanted to tell you something." Shivaay whined, wondering when his girlfriend would show up. He had to tell his Dadi that she was more than just a friend before that.

"You can tell her over dinner." Gauri smirked.

"Are you staying for dinner, beta?" Kalyani beamed clearly happy that Gauri was forming a good bond with the family. That was another thing about Gauri that irked Shivaay. It was always assumed that she would marry into the Oberoi Family and somehow it was always him that was linked to her. Probably because of how Gauri despite her usual Princessy attitude actually took the time to care for him.  Of course she insulted him every chance she got, but then again, she helped him out whenever he and her father butted heads.

"Of-"

Before Gauri could complete her affirmative answer, Shivaay cut in, "Today's dinner is for family only."

"But you said you would bring your friend too, Shivaay." Dadi jumped into Gauri's defense.

"She is-"

"I am family too, Shivaay." Gauri blushed. "Or I should say soon will be."

Kalyani was fussing over her before Shivaay could get a chance to retort.

"I am dating Rudy. We have plans for marriage in five to six years."

It was like Shivaay got electrocuted, died and got shocked back into life again as soon as those words registered.

But before that he had questions for Gauri. So, he ignored his Grandmother's jovial calls to the family members as she announced Rudra and Gauri's relationship to them, and dragged Gauri to a secluded corner to ask her, "The hell is wrong with you?"

"Nothing." Gauri hid her smile by pressing her lips together.

"I thought you liked me all these years." Shivaay exclaimed exasperated.

Gauri had to supress the hearty giggle that wanted to escape our her lips after seeing the usually calm and cool Shivaay lose his shit. But she controlled herself to lie to his face. "It was in the past Shiv. Everyone told me you were the one for me so I believed in the fairytale but now that I am twenty three, I finally see how much better Rudra is for me."

Shivaay's face still remained distrustful as he warned her. "Don't break my only brother's heart. I'll kill you if you do."

It pinched her heart the slightest bit. Seeing how little he cared after all these years together but she consoled herself. Shivaay was just frustrated because she was overbearing. Once she left him alone he would realise her worth.