Back Together?

Third person POV:

Taehyung wiped his tears fast enough, so that nobody sees it. He rested his head on Jeongguk's already resting one, inside his head a war going on against his heart. This confession was so sudden and Taehyung wasn't ready, didn't think about anything at all. Who could anticipate that Jeongguk would propose him again while sitting in a waiting room, with their kid sucking-sleeping on Taehyung's lap?

Jeongguk: tell me something,tae. Anything will do. please. If you still want to take time, take. But please don't leave me. Don't deprive me of your love, my daughter's adorableness.

We've been apart for such a long time, tae. Just because someone wanted us apart, it's my fault that I let their words get to me. It's been more than ten months we are passing days like hell. Please tae, I think it's time,we should embrace each other and put an end to the hellfire that burning us.

Please, let's not let our daughter be the ultimate victim of this separation. I love you, I know somewhere inside - you love me too. Then why Taehyung? Why should we get separated? Why can't we be happy?

.

Taehyung: you've been the best father to our daughter, Jeongguk. I couldn't have asked you for any better, to some extent you're even better than me when it comes to her. I respect you for that. But about us.... 😭 I'm not sure. How do I trust you again?

My heart doesn't want to say no too. I see you are trying. You're trying so hard. But the fear I have inside....... sorry gguk, it's just me. I'm so so sorry.

.

Jeongguk: I will be good to you. Nothing I did will ever repeat, trust me just once again Taehyung. Please? Wish I could rip my heart and show it to you!

.

Taehyung: I know. But you were never to do it in the first place. Still.....you did gguk. We could have lost our child.

Look at her , did she need to fight and figure out all of these? She's always crying, always wanting us near, doesn't it ever concern you that maybe it has been caused by the shocks she had received while being inside? Don't you think my traumas affected her too? Our Tae-ri was so so small when she was born, look at her even now.  3.5 months, still she's smaller than some of the newborns out there.

Forget about my health, I was bleeding on my way to the hospital, I'm traumatized. I know we already talked about these, but still. Please, maybe I'm still not ready.

Jeongguk kneeled down in front of Taehyung, seems like Taehyung still doesn't want to take him back. Why god, just why? What Jeongguk can do to make Taehyung understand his truest feelings? Jeongguk will do just that. It may sound like Jeongguk is being too much pushy, but look at him once! How a man suppress his unbounded love for his family? Is he bad for trying to make it better?

Jeongguk: tae, I'm sorry. I did everything wrong, for me you're living like this. For me, our daughter suffered. Punish me? If you want ,kill me with your hands. I'm not exaggerating. Living without you is already like death for me. I can't...... 😭 I want us to sleep on the same bed with our daughter in middle. Want to wake up to your smile, want my sheets to smell like you.  I want to erase your traumas, I know I can. Please give me the chance.

Taehyung had his face turned to the opposite side. He can't really look into Jeongguk's eyes, those eyes are taking over him. His mental barrier may breakdown if he ever looks deep in Jeongguk's eyes.

Jeongguk: please. Let's forget about divorce, Taehyungie. I'm not saying we've to act all lovely from this instance. Just give me a chance, I'll make you fall in love with me again. I'll make you forget all about those bad memories.

Taehyung is still contemplating to answer. Is he ready actually? Them being together will definitely help Tae-ri's separation anxiety. But, what about himself? Why his heart begging him to give in? Why it is getting hard to avoid the love he feels for Jeongguk? Taehyung tried hard to forget this part where hus heart only says "I love you too, Jeongguk".

Jeongguk: Taehyung, I love you more than the world. Let me show you how bad I want you. Please don't divorce me. Please tae, I'll beg you a thousand times. Please.

Will you let me be the gentleman, with whom you'll fall in love again? Think without our Tae-ri in the situation, think from your heart, tae. As a person, give me another chance? I won't disappoint you. I promise.

Taehyung now dared to look into Jeongguk's eyes. To only see seriousness, sincerity. What are the odds of taking one more chance? Doesn't he deserve to be happy? Doesn't Jeongguk deserve to be happy? People do bigger mistakes, and still go on like nothing is their fault. But here Jeongguk, understood all of his wrongdoings, trying with his whole heart to repent,to  win Taehyung back. That's some serious loyalty and commitment.

It's expected that someone doing mistake will own up to it. But you don't know, how big of a thing it is while it's coming from Jeongguk. He was never taught to say "sorry". Never expected to own up to his mistakes. Jeongguk is always known to have a zillion options. He could have it. Still can, easily. But the devotion he has been showing to this marriage is something enchanting, unimaginable. He's here again and again, making himself smaller in front of Taehyung, just to have one more shot of happiness together.

Taehyung told Jeongguk off before the baby came, thinking it'll stop Jeongguk. But it didn't. Jeongguk could have not come again, could have moved on after their last conversation, because he already got his answers from Tae's mouth. He'd have been saved from Tae-ri's responsibilities, totally excused from keeping up with a irrationally moody Taehyung. But yet again he chose to take these duties over head, doing them perfectly with unfaltering smile.

He really does deserve a chance though. For the first time Taehyung's brain and heart agreed on the same thing.

Jeongguk: tae, tell me something. Please. I want to pursue you rightly this time, nice dates with flowers, dancing with slow music, watching the sky while you count them stars and I count my blessings looking at you. Please, let me 😭

Taehyung smiled, before abruptly hugging Jeongguk's neck with his one arm. Little princess Tae-ri won't let them hug properly at this moment. But, yeah the message that was needed to be conveyed - done properly.

Taehyung: don't break my heart again. Please.