Silo kissed her on the forehead, his beard tickling her skin. Then on the cheek, then on the chin, then down her neck. Wrapping her arms around his neck, Karina laughed again. It felt good. She felt no reluctance at all. Her hips kept pulling against his. There was none of that sticky, heavy feeling of revulsion in the pit of her stomach. In fact, she'd never felt so light and empty in all her life! Who would have thought that empty would be a good thing? No baggage. No burden.

He kissed across her chest. His eyes were bloodshot. She could feel the urge, the need trembling through his body. He walked her backwards towards the bed, Karina with her arms still wrapped around his neck.

His hands were upon her hips as he looked upon her in a way she'd never experienced before. If it weren't for the bond, she wouldn't have understood. And the realisation that she couldn't otherwise tell was both striking and terrible.

He was asking permission.

Karina looked at his lips, then leaned in to kiss them. He smoothed his hands around her waist, holding her around the small of her back before sliding them up beneath her shirt. They felt sharp and calloused and very large. He paused as he reached up behind her shoulders. He settled them right near the sides of her breasts.

Karina looked into his eyes. She swallowed as he moved his hands to her breasts. He'd already touched her before but this was different. This was it. They would finally be a real pair. He cupped her breasts, then began stroking her nipples. Next, he raised his hands up beneath her shirt. Karina lifted her arms and he pulled it off.

He stared. Karina's breasts were large. Men told her with their eyes all the time. Just as Silo had always done, eyes flicking towards her chest when he thought she wouldn't notice. She used to hate her breasts. His eyes seemed to glow like little candles. He wiped his arm across his forehead.

'You're trembling,' she said.

'Yes.'

'I thought I'd be nervous.' Why wasn't she? She no longer knew anything of herself.

Silo seemed uncertain. Taking his hands, Karina pressed them to her breasts. His massive hands cupped them. A deep groove appeared between his eyes as his brow furrowed.

'I've dreamed about this,' he whispered.

He kissed her on the mouth. He dropped his hands to her waist. Karina grabbed onto them, helping him to drag down her pants.

She stepped out of them. Again, Silo was staring. His face was flushed and he was breathing more quickly. Karina grimaced at an unfamiliar throbbing sensation way down at the bottom of her groin, almost near her backside. And she suddenly realised that this wasn't her feeling.

Karina looked down. His erection was pressing hard against his pants. The veins were popping out all over the backs of his big hands. Stepping in, Karina pulled off his shirt. She kissed him in the middle of the chest, then began tugging at his pants.

They dropped to the ground.

He was watching her doubtfully. Karina knew what he was thinking. The last time she'd seen him naked she hadn't handled it. It had driven such revolting feelings deep down into her bones. She could feel an echo of it now—but only an echo. Now, all she wanted to do was smooth her hands around his thighs and backside. The urge to cup his balls made her palms ache.

'I feel fine,' she said. She scrunched up her face. 'It's large, though. Is that normal?'

'For our kind, yes.'

Karina reached out and gently grasped it in her hand. It was so huge she could barely get her hand around it. Then she reached down to touch his balls. He grunted, then laid his hand upon her hip, drawing her close, close enough that her breasts pressed up against his chest.