Everyone x Platonic!Reader - Platonic Love Song

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

Eddie held up his hands in surrender. "Alright, but if you ever change your mind, just let me know. I'm always here anyway."

You nodded, keeping your false smile plastered to your lips. "Thank you," you murmured, putting the car into gear. "I'll see you around, Eddie."

You'd thought that the second you were out of the parking lot, the kids would launch into a detailed move-by-move retelling of tonight's session like they always did, but all you could hear was whispering from the backseat. 

"So, how'd it go tonight?"

"It was fine," Lucas chirped, sending you a little half-smile through the mirror. "How was work?"

You scoffed slightly. "You don't want to hear about my work-"

"You said it was a long day," Mike interrupted, looking less enthusiastic about having to question you.

"Yeah, it was-"

"Why was it long?"

You hesitated for a moment, your grip on the steering wheel tightening slightly. "No reason. I just started early and finished late."

"Why?"

"Because one of the other girls is sick-"

"Don't you guys have other staff members to cover?"

"God, what is this? The Spanish inquisition?" The car fell silent. "Sometimes, work is just long, okay? And from time to time, you have to do more than you should because other people can't be there. It's no big deal."

Dustin was frowning when you pulled up in front of the first stop on your journey, dropping off Mike at his house. 

"What's up, Dusty?" you murmured as you stopped for a second time, only a minute or two later, letting Lucas out at his house.

"Nothing," he hummed, still frowning slightly. 

"Nothing at all?"

He glanced over at you as you kept your eyes fixed on the road, headed for your final stop. "You should let Eddie drive us home next week," he muttered. 

Your brow furrowed slightly, the false smile slipping from your features. "Oh," you breathed out. "Yeah, if you want Eddie to drive you-"

"We like you driving us, but you do it every week. You should take a break."

"I don't need a break."

"Well, you should take one anyway," he murmured as you pulled up outside his house. "See you later."

"Bye, Dusty," you called after him, waiting until he was safely inside the house before driving back to your place. 

You'd barely made it into your apartment when your telephone started ringing, causing you to drop your bag by the door as you hurried into your kitchen to answer it. 

"Hello?"

"Hey, Y/N," Max started on the other line. "Can you take me to the store? I've got to get some stuff-"

You hesitated for a moment. It would be so easy to tell her no. To tell her that you'd had a long day and all you wanted to was to reheat some leftovers and chill for the rest of the evening. But, saying no had never really been in your nature. 

"Sure, I'll be there in 10," you told her, handing up and gathering your bag back out before heading out to your car. 

*Time Skip*

The trip to the store had taken longer than expected. Max had lingered in the aisles, taking forever to make a simple decision, and shooting you odd glances as you trailed behind her with the cart. 

Stranger Things - Imaginesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें