20

"Packed? What? Why so soon?" Coincidentally, Bryan and I said it at the same time. 

"Oh come on, I know you guys want to move in together as soon as possible. Look, sweetie all you need to do is pack your clothes and things out of your shower. Come back for the rest another day. Let's get you packed." she repeated..

"Sandra, I think your daughter and I can wait until another day." Bryan spoke up.

"You know what Bryan, let's do it now. Let's get the remainder of my clothes and the things out of my shower. Please?" I reasoned.

"Yeah, sure, okay." He nodded.

My mom waited in the kitchen, making some tea. Bryan went with me to my room. I grabbed another duffel bag out of my closet, I told him to pack the remainder of my shoes, jeans, shirts, bras, and underwear. I also told him I would pack the things out of my shower. I grabbed my shampoos, conditioners, body washes, and razor. Then I grabbed my toothpaste, toothbrush and my favorite robe. When I came out of my bathroom, Bryan was sitting on my bed. He was holding something.

"What do you have there?" I asked him, while throwing my things from the bathroom in the duffel bag.

"A teddy bear I found in a drawer. You want to bring it with you?" I took it from him and threw it in the garbage next to him.

"Why'd you do that babe?"

"It has a bad memory attached, a guy in school, my old school gave it to me for Valentines Day, it had a camera in it and it was laid on my bed, so every time I got out of the shower, he saw me get dressed and he showed it to his friends, and even complete strangers. I threw it in the drawer and never looked at it again. I would've burned it, but I didn't have anything to burn it with. So it's been in the drawer."

"I'm sorry babe, come here." Bryan took me in his arms and kissed me on the head.

"We should be going." I released myself from Bryan, I grabbed the duffel bag and a book I had been reading for about a month now and opened my bedroom door. I waited for Bryan to walk out, then I turned off the light and closed the door.

"Oh, all packed?" My mom asked.

"I think so. I'll be back tomorrow if I did forget anything. I love you mom. I'll see you Saturday and Sunday mornings." I kissed my mom on the cheek and hugged her goodbye.

Bryan was waiting in the car, my mom and I hugged for as long as I could tell. We said goodbye one last time and then I left. Bryan asked me if I really wanted to do this, and I said that I did. We drove from my house and I texted Lucy explaining to her that I would be living 'on my own'. She wanted all the details and I couldn't give them to her. The hand that Bryan had available he used to take into mine. I clicked my phone off, and smiled while looking at my beautiful boyfriends shine in the moonlight.