Chapter 16 The Surgery

Once we arrived, a nurse came and asked if we were a part of the Suna family. We said yes and followed her to the surgery rooms in the other half of the building. It was a long journey and a quiet one as well. We finally got there and I saw my mom lying down on a bench, once she noticed us she got up and gave us hugs. I could tell she was crying just a little while ago so I laid my head on her shoulder and held her tight.

About 2 hours later, the surgery was still happening. All the boys have fallen asleep on each other but my mom and I were still awake. She's tried to tell me to also sleep because of the long day I had, but I refused and wanted to be up in any situation that may come. 

Another hour has passed and still once again, no update. Just a calm peaceful area surrounding us but there was still a lot of tension in the air. This was super boring just sitting here so I decided I wanted to take a walk around the building but not too far just so then I can go back if needed. As soon as I got up, Atsumu woke up and asked where I was going. I told him I was going to take a walk and he said he'd go with me.

Between the two of us, it was a silent walk. It was more of a comforting silence and I pretty much enjoyed it, until Atsumu had something to say. "Hey, so umm... I have a question," he asked hesitantly. "Go for it," I said with a small smile even though I had anxiety even from him saying he had a question. 

"Why do ya only call Osamu by his nickname but not me," he had a playful pout on his face. I playfully rolled my eyes and said, "Well, I thought at the time we weren't that close so I never really thought about calling you Tsumu like the rest of them." I lightly giggled. "But I wouldn't mind changing it but that's up to you," I said with a bright smile. "You may, but as long as I get to call ya N/n," He said. "Then it's a deal," I said with a smile. After a few minutes, I noticed his face got kinda sad. I wonder why.

Atsumu's POV

After having that playful conversation with N/n, I thought to myself, 'I wish I could tell her I love her but I want my brother to be happy and I don't want to ruin his happiness nor do I wanna ruin my friendship with her.'  I noticed my face getting all droopy and I think N/n noticed. 

"Hey, Tsumu? Are you ok?" She asked with concern. 'Come on bro ya can't just lie to her.' "Well, you see uhh..." I started to say. " I don't want this to ruin our friendship or anything but I like you a lot.  I have a close friend who also likes you so I don't want to ruin their happiness so please can we stay friends?" I said extremely fast so I'm hoping she understood me. 

There was some silence for a minute but she finally spoke, "It's ok Tsumu, we can still be friends. And that's nice of ya to let your friend have some happiness." She said with a soft smile. I smiled back and mouthed a 'thank you,' and she nodded back. 

We ended up having a few more nice conversations and she told me that she has a friend who has the biggest crush on me but isn't one of my fangirls and that she keeps it on a low so no one knows. So she told me to go for it when we get back into town. We stopped at the vending machine and got stuff for us, our brothers, and her mom. 

We finally got back and Samu and Suna were awake. We gave them their stuff and Samu pulled me aside and asked, "Please fucking tell me ya didn't confess and that ya aren't dating," he said to me in a stern voice. He looks pissed off because I went with N/n and he didn't get to spend that time with her. "Alright listen Samu, I did confess to her BUT she rejected me and I told her that I have a close friend who likes her but I didn't wanna ruin his happiness so you're welcome," I said with a wink. He looked relieved that we aren't dating. 

"Thank you Tsumu. I appreciate your consideration in letting me be happy." He said back with a soft smile. I'm glad things worked out between N/n and me and I'm hoping they stay this way.

Y/n's POV

Finally, after hours of waiting, the surgery has been completed. No problems at all, it was a successful surgery. I'm so very happy that my dad is alive and that hopefully soon he will be healthy once again. It's now 9:48 P.M., and I want to finally be able to eat some real food. Even if it's from a stand, I just want some warm freshly cooked food. We ended up going to a ramen stand and OMG IT WAS DELICIOUS!! I devoured the whole thing including three onigiris. The twins all stared at me and I gave them a look and they immediately looked away.

We got back to our hotel and I'm also extremely sleepy so I'm thankful I get to rest in a nice bed with a nice guy... wait, what the hell am I saying! Do I even like Samu? I mean he does make my heart flutter when he's comforting me and I'm always my happiest when he's around so maybe I do. I don't know but I'm not going to worry about it now because I'm going to sleep.

I said goodnight to my family and Tsumu. Samu and I went to our room and I took a nice shower. It was quite relaxing even though it felt like I was in there for 5 minutes. When I got out, Samu was passed tf out on the bed. 'Damn bro he was that tired and he took three 2 hour naps.' I got into the bed and I looked at his handsome face. I was hesitant to put my hand on his face but I was rebellious and did anyway. I felt him move so I quickly removed my hand and rolled over to my other side and fell asleep.

✧༺♥༻∞✧༺♥༻∞✧༺♥༻∞✧༺♥༻∞✧༺♥༻∞✧༺♥༻∞✧༺♥༻∞✧༺♥༻∞

Hello hello!! THANK YOU ALL FOR 1.2k READERS!! I'm so happy to be able to have so many of you guys reading my book!!! And I'm soooooo sorry for the long-awaited wait for this chapter. Got busy with school and I'm also tired. and no I DIDNT DIE lol. so now I'm back and hopefully going to one day finish this book and start a new one but idk yet! Ty so much for the support on the book and I will see ya guys in the next chapter!

Love,

E♡