Chapter 30

Cattaleya POV

Another Monday, Gosh I hate Mondays. There should have been another day between Sunday and Monday.

I'm in front of my mirror admiring my self in my uniform.
I feel really nervous resuming school after a while.

Wal....Mide.
It's going to be hard to get used to calling him that. He's been visiting none stop, also my dad.

They suggested I go back to US to complete my education, but I declined. Maybe I can go for vacations but I'm definitely schooling in Nigeria. My life is here, my mum and friends, can't just trade all that.

I heard a horn at the gate. Yep,that's my ride. Mide said he was going to pick me so that we could go to school together. I grabbed my stuff and slide down the rail.

"Ekaro Ma (Good morning Ma)" I greeted my mum bending a bit.

"Bawo ni Omo mi ( how are you my child)" she said and patted my back.

"Fine, bye Mum. See you later"

I got into the car that was parked outside my gate and got face to face with my dad.

"Good morning sir?"

"Good morning, hope you had a pleasant night"

"Yea it was" he started the car and we drove in awkward silence.

"Kemi, I knew you were with her all this while. I found out when you were 10, I wanted to show up at your birthday party but she felt you weren't ready for the truth and all. And you were better off with her than with me."

"Did you tell Mide maybe"

"Nope, he'll get his ass down here looking for you." I smiled.

"So I was thinking if you would like to come for Thanksgiving dinner, in US of course" he said looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"Yea, I would love to" I replied and he let out a breath of relief.

"You would enjoy knowing your paternal family.

We got to my school gate and I stepped out of the car.

" Thanks for the ride"

"Thanks for giving me another chance to be your dad" with that he smiled and drove off.

On my way to my class I bumped into Mide.

"Good morning sis" he said with a smile.

"Good morning, does the whole school know I'm your sister yet?"

"Nope not yet. Hope you gave him another chance?"

"Yep I did"

As I entered my class, my eyes went to I and Zara's seat. She wasn't there.

I and Zara are still best friends or would I say sister, but her parents are still contemplating on sending her to rehab.

"Senior Cattaleya, the principal is calling you" a junior student told me.

"Sure, I'm coming" I dropped my bag and went to the principal's office.

I knocked before I entered.
"Adebayo, how are you?"

"I'm fine ma, thank you"

"Have your seat, we are really sorry about the accusations that were laid on you "

"It's fine, no problem." I said with a small smile.

"The person behind it all came clean. We are glad to have you back at our prestigious institution. That would be all"

"Thank you Ma " I said and left the office.

And I bumped into something. I need to stop bumping into things and people.

_________________________________Hello, sorry I've been gone for long. The book is gradually coming to an end🥺😋😋.....

Endeavor to vote, comment. Also check out my other book

#Upside down
Have a nice day