"she can be...violent, actually."

"right? sometimes it's creepily scary—"

"how cute," the three man jumps when your disdainful tone reaches their ears.

    Mocchi winces, taking a few steps forward, glancing nervously between you and his colleagues. you crossed your arms over your chest. "you all are cute you know, worrying about me and everything then you are slandering me a minute later. come on, pick a side will you?" you turn your head away. "is this why i favor Shion and Mocchi?"

"shit," Rindou places a hand on his chest. "you scared me, when did you get here?"

"since Kakkun went on a breakdown." you enter the space and scanning your surroundings once, turning back to the group. "Mocchi brought me here for a breather, apparently Ran's got good liquor."

the cogs rolled within their minds until realization crashed into their bones. you're here in the flesh, Kakucho is the first to spring up from the couch, eyes wide and brimming with worry.

"y/n are you okay, where did you go?" you only let out a quiet hum. Kakucho approaches you, standing a good feet away from you.

"just like what Rindou said, i'm okay just," you stop, inhaled. "i just had to clear my head."

"Sanzu, he tried to choke you."

you pursed your lips, looking away. "i slapped him in return so i guess that's that." you eyed the gramophone by the corner, sputtering out a hazy old jazz, you thought that it fitted Ran's taste well.

"we only had a bad fight, i don't wanna talk about it."

    Kakucho's mismatched eyes flicker towards Mocchi, then at the burgundy-haired brothers, they all exchanged knowing looks, seeing how wretched, white fury still swam in the orbits of your expression.

in times like this it had always been you who went out of your way to cheer the troublesome boys up when they fell into quietude or had issues back at their own home. back when it was just Izana, Kakucho, s62 and you—there was never a dull moment where you don't try to make them smile through their conflicted troubles. Ran and Rindou had a bad fight? you helped them reconcile at the end of the day. Mucho was mentally exhausted? you accompanied him to buy cheesecake. Shion and Mocchi were caught in a street fight and injured? you were there to aid them with your little medical knowledge.

"y/n." you lift your head, Kakucho's expression gentles. "you wanna go on a drive around the city?"

    your eyes like two wide planets had fixated on him for a very long moment. Kakucho clears his throat, tries to hide his rising blush by fixing his collar. "Tokyo is the most beautiful at night time, i thought." he stops a moment. "thought you'd want to just—i don't know go on a drive to clear your head.."

    "wow. so you're inviting her to your car but never us—"

    "this isn't about you." Kakucho glares quickly at Mocchi and his retort, dragging his eyes to the Haitani brothers with equal hardness. Ran doesn't seem faze by the aegean's burning looks, instead he walks over behind you and places gentle palms on your shoulders, staring at Kakucho with a puppy-look.