Chapter 29

As expected the shopping district was packed. Goods from around the world were sold to customers hailing from the middle and upper rings of Ba Sing Se. Katara and Toph strolled around the crowded area. The water bender holding on to her friend, making sure she would not run away from the trip. She looked around and awed at the clothing merchants were selling. Katara had seen clothes from the earth and fire nation and hoped to find a vendor selling anything from the water tribe.

"Ugh", Toph groaned, "there is way too many people here for my liking. Remind me why we're here again."

"You know why Toph! You were the one who suggested getting new clothes that would knock Aang off his feet", Katara replied.

"I know but I didn't think you would drag me here against my will. Need I remind you that I am still blind? I can't help you pick out clothes to wear. Wouldn't it have been better to have Suki come instead?"

"Suki is coming. She just wanted to get through her morning training first and said she would meet up with us here", Katara answered, "and it's not like you had anything planned today so why not come with me?"

"You don't know if I would have had plans or not", Toph said with an annoyed tone. Katara stopped and looked back to her with a raised eyebrow.

"Did you have any plans today?"

"...no", Toph reluctantly said.

"That's what I thought", Katara smirked and began moving towards one store that held blue fabric in their display window. She let go of the earth bender and grabbed hold of the fabric. It was a long sleeve dress, the end of the skirt ending above her knees when she held it against herself.

"Toph how doe—..." Katara stopped herself but Toph had already knew what she was going to say.

"I should just start wearing a sign to remind you all", Toph said with a deadpanned tone.

"Well I think it would look lovely on you Katara."

The girls turned around to see Kano, Suna, and Sato walking towards them.

"Nice to see you three again", Katara greeted, her nerves spiking as she remembered her conversation with Kano at the party.

"Glad you're back on your feet girls", Toph smirked, "I hope you two are ready for your next lesson."

"Looking forward to it", Sato answered with a nervous smile.

"Great. Get ready to push past your limits", Toph said.

"Can't wait..." Suna muttered and massaged her biceps, remembering how sore they were after the first training session. Kano placed a hand on her shoulder, comforting her friend and glanced back at Katara.

"I never got to hear your answer the last time we spoke. Have you come to a decision yet?"

'Straight to the point', Katara thought. Before she could say anything, Toph took the liberty of speaking for her.

"Sugar Queen accepts your challenge and spoiler warning, my girl here is going to win!"

"Confident are we?" Kano crossed her arms and grinned.

"You got that right. Don't be too disappointed when you lose", Toph replied with her hands on her hip.

"Sorry Sifu, but Kano is going to be the one to win over Aang", Sato spoke up, "its best not to get your hopes up."

"We don't have any reason to worry", said a voice from behind. Suki had finally arrived and stood at Katara's right while Toph remained on her left. She nodded towards her friends and continued, "Katara was Aang's first love after all."