Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Bria's POV

I wasn't sure when Avery had come back to the dorm last night, but when I woke up the next morning, there she was, fast asleep in her bed. After Harry dropped me off last night, I pretty much just went straight to sleep once I was back in my dorm. I had just been ready for the day to be over and the sooner I went to sleep the sooner it would be.

I figured that Avery probably didn't get home until ungodly hour of the morning. Whereas I had gotten back around eleven thirty, maybe midnight, I didn't really remember completely. I hadn't set an alarm for myself this morning, but I still got up earlier than I had expected that I would. I ended up just laying in my bed for about an hour after I woke up. I didn't feel like getting up, but I was unable to make myself go back to sleep, so I just mindlessly play around on my phone.

After I was beginning to get bored with that, I forced myself to get out of bed and I did my usual routine of getting ready in the morning, deciding to take a shower this morning since I didn't get to take one last night, and I figured it'd be best now to take advantage of the short line for the showers.

When I stepped back into the dorm room after taking a shower, I saw that Avery was now awake, doing the same thing that I had been doing before I got up, laying in bed on her phone.

"Good morning," she greeted me as I walked over to my closet to pull out a new pair of clothes for today.

"Good afternoon," I retaliated and she rolled her eyes at me as she looked at the digital clock we had and saw the time.

"Sorry I didn't get to hang out with you much last night at the party," Avery told me as she pulled her covers back and got out of bed.

I actually was okay with Avery not hanging out and talking to me as much as she usually did at the parties because I didn't need or teasing and crap last night about how Harry was there with me. I was hoping that she didn't remember Harry was there because I really wasn't up for whatever she had to say about it right now.

"It's fine, I noticed that you were preoccupied," I smirked at her and she just rolled her eyes.

"What about you, huh?" she sat back down on her bed, hanging her feet off the side of it.

"What about me?" I asked, as I put my shoes on, hoping to be able to get out of here before she started talking about Harry.

"You had someone new accompany you to the party," she smirked and I just nodded, as I subtly tried to make my way to the door.

"Why did-? Whoa, where do you think you're going?" I sighed and made my way back over to her since she had caught me trying to get out of the room when she hadn't been paying attention.

"As I was saying before I was interrupted by you trying to leave...why did you and Harry go to the party? I thought you both were going to go bowling or some crap like that," I knew exactly that that was what Avery was going to ask me.

"After Scott had pretty much invited him to the party, he had decided that he wanted to go awhile after you all left," I informed her.

"Of course someone like him would feel the need to accept an invitation even if it wasn't serious," Avery scoffed. "I don't think that's why he wanted to go," I told her.

"Then why did he want to go? Surely Harry wouldn't just want to attend one of those parties..." she trailed off, "You forced him to go, didn't you?" she assumed with an angry look on her face.

"No, actually I didn't. Why do you always assume the worst of me?" I joked.

"Because you've never given me a reason not to," she laughed.

"Seriously though, why did you both go to the party, I actually want to know," she said, getting back on topic of what she was asking.

"I honestly don't know why, Harry just wanted to go. I felt like maybe he wanted to prove something to himself that he could handle going some place like that with me," I said and shrugged.

"Ha, wow," Avery got up from her bed to start getting some clothes out of her closet as she continued to talk to me.

"So overall how did it go? I couldn't really tell how nervous or put together he was there,"

"Um, it was...okay," I told her.

"How bad was it?" I knew she was going to ask that, I couldn't get anything past her.

"Did you hook up with Zayn while Harry was there?"

"God no, stop assuming the worst!" I told her.

"Well then whatever it was, it couldn't have been that bad, right? Because I feel like that was probably the worst thing you could've done," she said, and I really didn't feel like continuing on with this conversation.

"Unless..." she continued, "You didn't listen to what Caleb said, did you? About getting something out of all of this from Harry?"

"Well I didn't necessarily listen to Caleb, I just thought about what he had said and...attempted to go through with it," I shrugged.

"Bria! You didn't?!" I could tell that she was shocked and a bit angry, and at this point, even if I something had happened between Harry and I, I probably wouldn't have told her.

"I actually didn't, he wasn't understanding what I was trying to get at," I admitted, and Avery's angry demeanor faded and she began to laugh a bit.

"Oh shut up," I told her.

Just as she was about to speak again, probably going to start teasing me about how the whole thing about getting something from Harry had backfired on me, and probably something about how I should've listened to her because she knew it was a bad idea to attempt anyway.

She was cut off though by the sound of my phone ringing. I picked up my phone and rolled my eyes once I saw the name on my screen of the person texting me. I looked up to see Avery grinning at me and I knew that she knew by the look on my face who had texted me.

"Guess you didn't screw things up too much, huh? Lucky you, he still wants to hang out, right?" I nodded at her as I read the text.

It was Harry asking me if I wanted to go get dinner or something tonight or go bowling since we didn't get to do that last night.

I went ahead and quickly responded to him, going ahead and agreeing since I figured that after yesterday I guess I kind of owed it to him in a way to actually go out with him.