Chapter 13: I Want To Forget The Day We Met

It's getting closer to the evening. Raquelle is busy reading a book while sitting in the living room with her legs placed on the sofa. At some moment, she made herself relax and focus on the text, over which she runs her eyes. It's very quiet in the living room. A big chandelier and a few little lamps placed in different places on some tables are turned on. It's quite dark outside, and only streetlamps placed literally on every single step are able not to let people fear darkness and find a road.

This atmosphere encourages Raquelle to enjoy reading a favorite creation in a thick book that she is holding in her hands. She gets so busy with it that she does not hear a hall door slowly opens, and then Terrence enters the living room. The man locks the door, puts the keys on a table placed near it, and goes further as slowly as a snail, touching a bruise under his eyes that hurts slightly and outstands against his naturally white skin.

When Terrence is going to get up to the second floor, he sees Raquelle sitting in the living room and reading a book with interest. The man watches her for two seconds and quietly comes to her from behind. When she feels someone is standing behind her, the girl moves her eyes to her fiancé.

"Oh, hey, sweetie," Raquelle smiles shyly.

"Hey, sweetheart," Terrence says with a slight smile, bends to Raquelle, and kisses her softly on the cheek. "Reading a book?"

"Yup, I found my favorite one and decided to re-read it..."

"I knew it, seeing how much you got busy reading."

"Just reached my favorite moment... So, I didn't hear you."

"Okay..." Terrence chuckles quietly and glances aside for a second.

Raquelle frowns slightly and looks at Terrence better, who looks kind of upset and gloomy.

"You're okay?" Raquelle asks anxiously. "You look sad..."

"I can't deny it..." Terrence replies hesitantly and locks his fingers tightly. "My mood is really bad..."

"Problems with the band? Or Daniel?"

"No, no... The problem is not about it... I spent a great time with him and worked on songs a little."

"But what's wrong then? Wanna share it with me?"

"Erm..." Terrence scratches the back of his head. "Yes... I want... There's something..."

"Then you can..."

Raquelle wants to ask something, but then Terrence turns another side on her, and she just notices the bruise on his face.

"Wait, what is that?" Raquelle asks anxiously, gets up from the sofa shortly, comes to Terrence, turns his face on her to see the bruise better, and opens her eyes full of horror widely. "My gosh, what's wrong with your face?"

"Oh, don't press too much..." Terrence winces slightly when Raquelle presses on his bruise. "It's hurt..."

"Damn, where did you get this bruise? Did you fight with someone?"

"The most important thing is that I'm fine," Terrence says quietly. "And the bruise will be gone in a few days."

Raquelle lowers her hands sharplyand looks at Terrence a little gloomily, saying in quite a loud voice:

"Do not dare to avoid an answer, Terrence James MacClife! Tell me what the fuck happened to you now! If you do not tell me everything at your wish, I will get the information out of you by force."

"Hey, hey, quiet, sweetie, quiet," Terrence says in almost a whisper, trying to keep calm and calm Raquelle down, as he softly grabs her by the shoulders. "Don't cry so loudly. Do you want the whole house to know it?"