8. drinks

this is shit soz lol

-

"I love you." I mumbled into Matty's shoulder the next day as we wandered down the road to Adam's flat that he shared with his girlfriend. They'd just moved in together officially and they were sort of having a party, nothing huge, though.

Matty laughed quietly, squeezing my hand in his. 

"That's lucky, seeing as you have my name tattooed onto your boob." He joked quietly, I prodded his chest. 

"It's not on my boob." I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Sideboob, then." 

"Not even sideboob." I laughed, crossing my arms over my chest to cover the tattoo, even though nobody could actually see it. 

He grinned at me and leaned down to brush a kiss on top of my head, pulling us to a halt suddenly on the pavement. Despite the business around us and the audible irritated sighs that flew out of a few people's mouths, I leaned into him. 

"Do you think we could get a cab back tonight?" I asked quietly into his chest as he wrapped an arm around my waist. He suddenly went still, I could hear his heartbeat increase slightly. 

"Could we get the tube?" He asked. I almost sighed but decided against it. It was an improvement, after all, and I could tell he was trying really hard, so I decided not to be bitchy about the extra two minute walk. 

"Okay." I said, smiling up at him a little, just to let him know I wasn't annoyed when I grabbed his hand again and began walking. 

We were silent for a good few minutes as we walked. 

I looked up at Matty and furrowed my eyebrows together a little. From the minute we left the house, he had the hood of his black hoodie tightly pulled around his face, just because he didn't really want to be stopped that evening. He found it stressful some days, especially when he had somewhere to go. 

For some reason, in the couple of months that the guys hadn't played any shows, their popularity had risen immensely. They were getting played on almost every radio station, Harry Styles had even tweeted something about them. We could no longer go anywhere without being stopped, which was lovely, but tiring. I had no idea how the guys could cope with the constant attention.

"I love you, Liz." Matty said as we approached the block of flats that Adam and Erin now lived in. 

I looked at him as we crossed the road. 

"Huh?" I asked him. 

"I dunno. I just realised I never said it back, so..." Matty told me, making me smile a little. 

"I love you too." I said, he rolled his eyes.

 "You already said it, but I was being a prick, 'memba?" I let out a choked laugh. 

"Yeah. I remember." 

We stopped outside the door to their block of flats. Matty pressed the doorbell that had '5' written down next to it along with both of their names. 

Eventually, the door buzzed and Matty pulled it open, holding it back for me to walk through first. 

"After you." He said, grinning at me. 

"Ta." I laughed as I walked inside before him. He followed me. 

"'S fancy isn't it?" He whispered in my ear, catching me staring around the lobby. It was light and airy and very modern, not exactly my thing, I preferred older looking buildings with fancy windows and red brick work, but I wouldn't deny the fact that I was envious. 

"Very." I mumbled, feeling self conscious as we walked hand-in-hand towards the staircase. Luckily Adam and Erin only lived on the second floor, making the dash up the stairs a lot faster. 

One good thing that came out of walking everywhere and running up and down staircases was how fit we'd both gotten. I used to not be able to walk up ten steps without falling short of breath, now I could probably run for a solid twenty minutes.

"I think it's on this floor." Matty mumbled when we reached the second floor, and suddenly all I could think about was how bad the neighbours would have it now. We all liked to have our music loud, but Adam and Erin were by far the worst, despite their quiet dispositions. 

I laughed quietly at the loud music coming from the flat a couple of paces away from us. 

"Really? I never would've guessed." I joked, making him grin. He sent Adam a quick text, figuring out that he probably wouldn't hear the doorbell over the loud, thumping music. 

After a couple of minutes, Erin and Adam arrived at the door, greeting us happily. 

"Hi!" Erin laughed into my shoulder as we briefly hugged. I could tell she'd already had a fair amount of alcohol from how abnormally pink her face was. "Lemme get you a drink." She said. 

Obviously, a drink turned into two, and two turned into three, and three turned into God knows how many, and before we knew it, God knows how many turned into a giggly game of strip poker in the living room with me, Matty, George, Adam, Erin, Ross, and Ross' girlfriend, Amelia.