Chapter 10

Hey Guys,

I hope you all are liking the story so far

If yes, then please do give inline comments

here is the 10th chapter, hope y'all like it

*********************************************************************

Kiara

All my life, I never thought I'd be married in such a way, but here I am, sitting in Neil's house, at his dining table waiting for him.

Neil!
ohh, 
I never thought I'd be shifting to a first-name basis so fast.

But I guess everything in my life is just happening fast.

As I was drowning in my thoughts, I heard Mrs. Khurana say,

"Here he is, my dear son, Neil." She said, as Neil descended the stairs.

Oh, so cinematic.

"Mom, don't you think it's a little too much?" I heard Sid whisper audibly to Mrs. Khurana, getting a light hit on his arm in return.

"Hey everyone." Neil said as soon as he reached the table, giving everyone a warm smile.

"He--" I started, but was cut off by my father.

"So, you're going to be my son-in-law, hmm, nice, my daughter has made a good choice, I must say." my father said, eyeing him, head to toe.

"Let's talk to him first and then decide; you know right, never judge a book by its cover." Mom said and when I saw Neil's surprised expression, I bit my inner cheek to stop myself from laughing.

"Chill, dude, relax. My mom's joking." I said to him, seeing him stunned and sad.

"Oh, thank God! I was so scared; I thought you all didn't like my son!" Mrs. Khurana said, taking a relieved sigh.

"Oh, Mrs. Khurana, I think you should get used to my jokes; after all, we're future in-laws." My mother said, resulting in a hi-fi between the two moms,

I think these two are definitely going to like each other's company.

"Disha, let's talk about the rest of the details over dinner." Mr. Khurana said, and Mrs. Khurana agreed.

"Yes, that will be great, Harsh. You talk to Kiara and her parents till I start arranging and serving dinner." Mrs. Khurana said while getting up from her chair and going to the kitchen.

"Mrs. Khurana, shall I help you?" I asked as she was going to do the work alone, but as soon as I said this, I see all the faces in my direction, including Mrs. Khurana's face, which shows adoration and a little anger.

"No, there's no need to help me." Mrs. Khurana said harshly, shocking us all.

"Disha, what happened?" Mr. Khurana says, out of concern

"Did I do something?" I asked her, feeling suddenly very cautious about my words.

"Who else, now that you know that you are going to be my daughter-in-law, still you are talking to me formally; what is this Mrs. Khurana? call me Mom and Harsh as Dad. Ok?" Mrs. Khurana says, her voice rising at first and then softening at the end.

"Oh, Mrs. Khurana, you scared us." Mom said with relief.

"And you also may please call me by my first name, Disha. Mrs Khurana just feels like we are strangers to each other" Mrs. Khu-- Mom explained.

I just now need to learn to tell my mind to call her mom.

"Ohk, so what I was saying, yes, Mrs. Disha, you scared us." Mumma said.